The Black Council

Chapter Sixty-Six~ The Black Council

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Rhaella didn't know why she was here. Rhaynera had insisted on keeping her close, evidence that she was still untrusted. She followed through, after Rhaynera and Daemon

But the room seemed on edge when they entered, Corlys was bent down, talking to a young boy. The new formed black council all stood qhwn they saw the queen, and that was when Rhaella got a look of the boys face.

It was Gabriel, the young boy from the Dragon pit. His big brown eyes lit up when they saw her, but then they began to leak tears.

"The boy your grace," Corlys said to Rhaynera. "He says that,"

"He says what?" Daemon snapped. "We don't have all fucking day."

Corlys bowed his head an cleared his throat. "He says that the young Prince Maelor is dead."

Rhaella felt all the eyes in the room fall to her. Her breathing slowed and she could hear her heart beating in her ears. Her fingers flexed and her limbs felt weak. "How?" Her voice was not loud and clear like it usually was, it was quiet and frail.

"He said, that they were attacked a carriage he was traveling in, after the king." Corlys replied, once looking too Rhaynera for permission.

"Who is the boy?" Prince Daemon questioned.

"We do not know." Said Lord Bartimos Celtigar

"Obviously the seed of a green sympathiser, kill him and send a message." Daemon said, dismissing child murder as easy as dismissing rain on a summers day.

"He is a child." Rhaella snapped, moving toward Gabriel and kneeling by the young boys side.

"A child that clearly knows you, so tell me princess how is it he knows you?" Daemon read her challenge, and he attacked her defensive eye with questions he thought would have her falling on his black battlefield.

But unfortunately for the rouge prince, Rhaella had been raised on a green field of war and she knew the minds of men like him. "He is a stable boy, he used to groom and feed my horse for me." She sighed. "If he was taken with my brother we can only assume it is so the horses may be well looked after, if you mean to set out warnings to those who side with my brother, then I highly doubt they would take any notice of the murder of a stable boy who's only crime was to saddle the false Kings horse."

"You call him false king yet on his crowning you were proclaimed Lady of Dragonstone and your husband its lord, till his son became old enough to inherit the land." Daemon shot back. "Therefore you, reject any decree he had made and ultimately reject any right your family have to the throne."

She knew what he was doing. He was attempting to make a public show of her betrayal to Rhaynera's council. She would play her part well. "I reject that a man is able to receive all inheritance due to what lies between his legs, If that therefore means taking away lands I have never even visited then so be it." She announced, those words were true and she said her next ones to the rest of the room. "So let us not forget who the queen is," Then the next to Daemon, meeting hi purple eyes in an untold battle. "And who the King is not."

Rhaynera cleared her throat then, and took her seat as head of the table, signalling for a goblet of wine to be Brough to her. "The young Prince Maelor, where is he now, his body?" She said to the young boy.

Rhaella placed her hand on his shoulder, silently telling him it was safe to speak. "The rioters in the streets came after our carriage, it was was overtook but they were stopped by guards, they took us to A woman, She told us she was the lady of the land Bitterbridge, took us in and told us she would have us returned to Kingslanding with her guard, but I didn't like the look in his so I brought the princess and three of the others back with me."