Good Thing

M

Chapter Fifty-Nine~ Good Thing

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

"And why is it you must go?" Rhaella sighed, dragging the cloth across the skin on her leg. "An annual ceremony of Larys declaring you is entirely pointless, he has been scheming with our side for years."

Aemond watched her in the water from their bed, carving into a piece of wood. "It ensures order, having house strong declare for us instead of replacing them with another allying house means the strongest houses are for us and not Rhaynera, the north is nothing compared to majority houses in Westeros."

She looked up from the water to her husband.

He lent against the headboard, his chest bare and his trousers sat low on his hips. In the golden light that the candles and the fire emitted into the room he seemed to be a shadow of a what she expected a God to look like, except he was consumed by an inadmissible darkness. His stomach to his chest was toned, evidence of the years of training he had subjected himself too. His bewitching white hair hung over his shoulders, creating a silver curtain to his chiseled face. He often toyed with different crystals, to replace his missing eye, todays chosen jewel a green emerald that reflected the colour of grass in the summer, His remaining eye a whisper of purple as it concentrated on carving into the wood in his hand.

Even now, he made her stomach flutter with something indescribable. Her mind clouded and her mouth longed for his.

"Something wrong." Aemond muttered, looking up at her.

The water was a sheet to hide her away, teasing him, hiding her away. It rose to her collar bone, the steam drifting up into the cold air. Her silver locks were pulled into a loose undo on her head, silver strands hanging and framing around her ethereal face. Her violet eyes stared deeply into Aemonds soul, a magnet of seduction pulling all of his attention toward her.

"You love me?" She whispered.

"With my life." He replied in an instant.

Rhaella smiled softly. "You are my heart, my home, my light." She told him, standing from there water. "I wish to love you forever, because that is all I have ever known and to be without you is to be without air." She came toward the foot of the bed, Aemond sitting and pushing himself closer. "Do you know what is like to be without air?" She whispered, leaning down so that her face was level with him.

He wrapped his fingers around her forearm, pulling her down so that she lay on top of him. "I believe only a dying man would know." He muttered nudging her nose with his own and staring deep into her beautiful eyes.

It was so rare that they voiced their true emotions to one another. Rhaella felt as though the babe growing in her stomach was playing games with her head and releasing words she did not intend to set free, Aemond however was weak for her and he wanted her to know it.

"Be with me." She whispered in his ear, securing her thighs on either side of him. "Have me here now, before you leave." His words had set off an hunger that would not be easily fed if she was to start this dance alone, she needed Aemond.

"What if it hurts the baby." Aemond replied, dancing his lips against his wife's.

"It never has before." She answered, joining their lips together. It always felt like fire when their mouths met, no matter how many times it happened its would always feeling like a burning sensation of love and lust coiled into one. "Please."