Cake

Chapter Fifty-One~ Cake

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

"Have you lost your mind?!" Alicent screeched. "What in the seven heavens were you thinking?!"

Rhaella rolled her eyes and pulled viserys closer to her. "I have no obligation to answer to either of you." She snapped. "Unless King Aegon or the Prince Regent wish to discuss the matter with me I will be taking my leave."

"What if Rhaynera comes for him?" Alicent whispered to her daughter, giving Viserys a strange look.

"She'll think he's dead." Rhaella answered. "After majority of the fleet was attacked, She will think I either killed him if he went down with one of the ships."

"Rhaella, daughter, he needs to die." Alicent whispered.

Rhaella took a step away from her mother. "That is what they would've said about your Grandchildren." She bit out. "He is a child." She took his hand and headed for the door.

"You should listen to your mother Rhaella." Otto called after her.

Rhaella turned to face them. "Apologies Grandsire, but my mother is no longer the queen." She sighed. "And it is not for Hightower's to dictate a Targaryen hand." She opened the door. "That is why we are in this mess in the first place."

Rhaella slammed the door behind her, and took a breath to compose herself. She looked down at the little boy who still held onto her hand. "Are you hungry?" She said softly, a great contrast to her voice moments ago. Viserys nodded. "What do you like to eat?"

"Cake." The boy answered a little smile dancing on his lips.

"Very well." Rhaella said, smiling down at the boy, before turning to one of the maids that passed. "Have plates of cake brought to the nursery." She instructed.

"Yes Princess." The maid replied with a bow.

"Come Viserys, there are some people I wish for you to meet." The Princess smiled.

"Who?" The boy replied, making sure he stayed close to her skirts even though he held her hand.

"Your cousins." She said opening the door. "My children."

"Mama!" Vaegon laughed when he saw her. He came running toward her but stopped quickly when he saw the other young boy. "Aerys?" His voice was quiet and curious.

"That's not Aerys." Elaena said joining her brothers side. "Who is that Mother?"

"This is Viserys." Rhaella smiled, moving the boy infront of her and kneeling behind him. "He is your cousin and he's going to be staying here."

"Hello!" Vaegon smiled holding out a wooden knight for Viserys to take.

Viserys took the figure carefully, waiting to see if it was a trick. "Hello." He said quietly, and he jumped when Vaegon knocked another knight against the one Viserys held.

"He wants to play Knights." Elaena told the boy, when she saw he was unsure. "It's a fun, haven't you ever played it?" Viserys shook his head and Elaena scoffed. "Come on I'll show you." She said taking his hand and pulling him to the carpet by the fire.

Rhaella lifted Aegor from his cot. "My little prince, how you have grown!" She smiled sitting down in a chair by where the children played, Aegor on her lap playing with her necklace. Rhaella held her boy close and watched as the other children laughed along with one another.

There came a knock at the door, and in came Clarissa with a tray of different cakes. "I met the servant in the hall, I told her I would bring them in."