Six Words

Chapter Eighty-Five~ Six words

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

Let us end it now Nephew.

Six words.

Six simple words, that carried the weight of the entire world.

Four days had passed since the arrival of the raven and Rhaella had barley heard a word from Aemond. He had kept himself on watch in the bed chamber, gripping his sword in his hand and looking out from the balcony.

He wouldn't say a word to her, and any time she got too close he pushed her away.

"Stay away from the window." He muttered, eye trailing the sky.

"This is ridiculous, you wanted a fight and you've got one." Rhaella protested.

"This is different." Aemond said. "These words carry weight, Vhagar is a short ride from here and he knows that."

Rhaella rolled her eyes. "Then I will ride there, and I'll kill that fucker myself."

He snapped then, fling his sword and pulling the parchment from his pocket. "Read this!" He shouted as he charged toward her. "'Nephew'."

"So what-

"So he doesn't want to kill you, he wants to kill me." Aemond shouted, dropping the parchment at her feet.

"He doesn't even know I am here!" Rhaella said, she knew it wasn't true. Daemon was nobody's fool, he would have known as soon as word was given she was no longer at the Keep.

"Of course he knows!" Aemond replied.

"Then what do you intend to do?" Rhaella sighed.

Aemond shook his head. "I will settle this." He said. "You will do nothing."

"The hells I will!" Rhaella shouted when he headed back toward the window. "I've got a bloody dragon, better chance killing him."

Aemond shook his head. "The message was for me, not you."

Rhaella scoffed, before marching over to him. "This is bigger than your pride, and in case you have forgotten he has taken more from me than he has you!"

Aemond clicked his tounge, frustrated at her persistent defiance. "I won't let him take you, he has taken the throne, our children, our sister is dead because of him." His hand went to her cheeks. "I won't let him have you."

He kissed her then, and she felt a tear roll down her cheek. They both knew the outcome of this would go either way.
Someone had to die and the eventuality that it would be Aemond was over half.

Daemon had more experience.

And that tipped the scales in his favor.

Aemond was the better swordsman, the better man.

But Daemon was Daemon.

And that counted for something.

"I won't lose you." Aemond whispered against her lips.

"No, but you might lose your life." Rhaella said, looping her arm under his as they stared out at the lake.

"And if I do, I want you to ensure that one our children wears a crown." Aemond muttered. "At least then it will be worth something."

"Don't get any Ideas about asking me to re marry." Rhaella said, turing toward the bed.

"There would be no other that could please you as I could." Aemond smirked when he faced her.