The Stranger's Game

Chapter Fifty~ The Stranger's Game

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

There was never any question about the fertility of the Princess Rhaella, having birthed four children by the age of nineteen was something many congratulated both Aemond and herself on. They had all grown to be healthy and strong, And it had many waiting for the news of another pregnancy.

For Alicent Hightower the Fertile womb of her daughter was a gift from the gods, it gave them more Targaryen heirs to back Aegons claim to the throne.

And now, Rhaella knew there was a child inside of her belly. She could feel it growing as the days passed by. The princess supposed she should tell her husband, but she had always waited till the third moon had passed before she told Aemond anything after hearing stories of babies being stolen from wombs before the third moon passed.

This time would be no different.

But now she had more to lose than she already did, and the humanly instinct to protect the soon to be life that grew inside of her wrapped its shield around her thoughts as it had done four times already.

But it would not stop her on the task at hand.

Three days had passed since the word of the pentos ship had arrived, Otto Hightower had somehow convinced the new regent to wait to see if the Triarchy needed aid from kings landing, Cole agreed on this and the two of them convinced Aemond to have Rhaella wait.

But with no further word, Aemond grew tired of the waiting and he set his plan into motion.

So she tied the string on the waist of her leather trousers and called for one of her maid to secure the armour around her torso.

"His grace, prince Aemond has called for you My lady Princess." The maid said pulling the princesses braid over her shoulder.

"Have the Dragon keepers take a cow to my Dragon." Rhaella said as she headed for the door. "And tell them not to approach him, he does not like them and I would rather him calm before we take flight." She sighed, turning for the door to find her husband.

The sun was only just rising in the sky when she left her chamber, raindrops from the night before sat on the ledges, still waiting to be dried up she let her palm run across them scattering them out and onto the floor below.

Aemond waited for the door to close before he spoke. "A scout has come from Harrenhal." He said, turning to her. "Daemon has returned to Dragonstone on Craxes."

"What do you propose?" Rhaella questioned, standing before him.

"I will fly there on Vhagar, burn the place to the ground and when Daemon returns he will find nothing but ash and bone." The regent said, heading toward the tactic table, replacing a black figure for a green one. "You are leaving?"  he said when he noticed her attire.

"We cannot wage war with the free cities, its best I meet them in the narrow sea rather than the shores of pentos." She replied. "What would you rather, the young princes used as hostages or would you rather me kill them both and be done with the bother of it."

"Kill them." Aemond replied. "The strong boys may be of no support for Rhaynera, but boys born of full Targaryen blood as indeed a problem." He said as he approached her, taking her injured hand in his. He did not know how but the skin was already seeming to heal, most likely something to do with the herbs she dabbed with. "Try not to die." He smirked.