For you

Chapter Three~ For You

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

"Aegon?!" Aemond questioned watching her open a book on tea brewing. "You'll kill him." He stated, trying to make her see reason.

"Wouldn't you want that?" Rhaella retorted, placing everything back in her leather satchel.

She, herself, didn't want that. She loved Aegon, well enough to not want him dead. But she was doing this because she needed to know that she could. Know that if she really wished it she could have him dead.
She also wanted to know what Aemond would do.

Would he kill his brother for a crown?

Aemond frowned, doubting himself and his morals in that moment. Aegon had embarrassed him time and time again, but he never really got his own back. Sure, his mother would scold Aegon when he'd played dirty with him but that was his mother. not him. "Why would I want that." He followed after his sister down the steps.

"So you can be king." Rhaella said simply.

Aemond grabbed her shoulder so that she would face him. "King?"

Rhaella stood closer. "Yes king."

Aemond wondered then what she meant, and because he let his thoughts carry him into a daze of wonder, he let Rhaella slip away.

⋅•⋅☾∘⋅•⋅

The hour had grown late. The moon sat full in the night sky casting a mystical glow through the window of Rhaella's chambers. She had mixed the foxglove in with boiled water and four rose petals to hide the scent. The pot used to pour the tea lacked the foxglove, she would use that as a cover when someone came to her aid.

Her plan was to give Aegon the tea and talk with him for a moment, she'd hope to see him collapse. And when he did she would run to her mothers aid. They would only find the rose petal tea though because rhaella planned to rid the remaining contents of the foxglove and replace it with rose.

She hadn't used a full flower, so it shouldn't actually kill him. If it did she would place the blame on one of the kitchen hands and claim they gave her the tea. If he lived they would most likely blame it on an allergy. She hoped he would live, having everyone believe Prince Aegon was allergic to roses would do his ego some good.

His room was only a short walk from hers, so she knocked and waited for him to answer.

"Sister." Aegon greeted, moving to the side to allow her to enter the room.

"Aegon I wanted to apologize for before." She lied placing her schemes on the small table close to his bed.

Aegon rolled his eyes and sighed. "We shall speak no more of that Rhaella, I wish only to forget it." He replied stepping closer to her.

Rhaella wore her best sorrowed face. "I have no doubt it caused you as much stress as it did I, and I wish to apologize." She lied again, looking up to see his smirk. "I should never of said those things."

Aegon took her face gently in his hands, so that he could look into her eyes as he spoke. "All is forgiven." He placed a kiss on her cheek before letting his hands fall.

Rhaella rolled her eyes as soon as he turned away from her. "I brought something for you." She announced.

Aegon faced her once again, as she held out a steaming pot of tea. "Tea?" He questioned. "I don't drink tea."