-96-

Not edited. Yikes! The last chapter? We shall see.

Tara giggled to herself as she sat beside Lucas on the drive home. Her thoughts were of the night before when the brothers all came home and could hardly stand. None were capable of a real conversation with words that left them all very amused. The idea that Grayson was pregnant and someone stole his baby had her laughing out loud while Lucas looked sideways at her before looking back to the road.

"We're never going to live it down are we?"

She shook her head, turned to look at him again and immediately laughing harder until she was left with curling herself up on her seat holding her stomach as tears of laughter ran down her face.

"You know baby it's not nice to laugh at others misfortune."

She laughed harder.

"Babyyyy... come on... it's not that funny." Lucas tried not to smile as her laughs became infectious.

"Tara Porter! Stop laughing this instant!"

Tara's laughs became hiccups as she tried to hold them back.

"Just think about our new niece and how beautiful she is." He was willing to try anything to lessen his embarrasment.

Tara drew in a deep breath and exhaled sharply as the motion gave way to a sharp stitch and she squirmed with discomfort.

"Are you ok baby?" Lucas asked as he realised her gasps were no longer laughs but ones of real pain.

"Yeah... no." Her body twisted and she writhed in pain waiting for the stitch to subside.

"Baby? Tara? Do you want me to stop the car?"

"No... I should be ok... yes! Please. I need to get out and stretch."

Lucas pulled the car over in the dirt at the side of the country road. As Tara moved with winces and gasps he ran around to her side of the car and opened the door.

"Oh baby" the pain in her eyes was more than he could handle and he gently helped her out and walked with her as she moved with spasms grabbing each time she tried to stretch.

He was sure he had her fingers imprinted into his arms... God... what Josie must have gone through in childbirth! Hell if Tara went through too much pain then he'd have to kill someone. Drugs. Josie said the drugs were wonderful and made it all easier. Yes. When they had children he'd make sure Tara was as high as a kite so she didn't feel it.

Would she want to?

Tara started walking a little straighter as the stitch eased away to be replaced by a dull ache. She turned to Lucas and hit his arm.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"For making me laugh."

Lucas smirked "Well I guess you'll think twice before laughing at me again then won't you?"

Her mouth dropped open as her eyes narrowed to look at him.

"Are you saying this is my fault?"

Lucas ran his tongue over his lips nervously... damn Josie and Anna! She was starting to sound just as mean as them. Mean? Well no, just more determined to be in control and he knew without a doubt he was still and always would be as whipped as his brothers.

"Um... no? But..."

Her hands were on her hips and her head tilted to the side.

"Lucas.." she warned.

"I love you."

Her eyes softened briefly before hardening back up.

"You think that fixes everything?"