-21-

SOOOOOO it was demanded that I don't do anymore cliff hangers... I'm sorry but I can't promise that I won't. They're a part of me... honest! So to make up for it I thought you might like to read a little from the chapter coming up.... you're welcome :D

Lucas froze. Of all the things he would have expected her to ask about; asking about Maria hadn't even made it into the picture.

"Maria?" he gulped with eyes wide open.

Tara nodded. Her mouth set firm and her eyes determined. She wanted answers.

She needed them.

"Why do you want to know about Maria?" Dodge, deflect... hope.

"Seriously? You're actually asking me that?"

Lucas winced as her voice no longer sounded like music to his ears. Yep. This was it... hope gone. Tara had proven that she was a better man than him and whether he was willing to admit it or not... his wife...Tara Porter... owned him... hook, line, sinker... and balls.

Sure he could deflect the question but what good would it do? There were parts of his body that he was firmly attached to and he liked exactly where they were and had no plans to lose them any time soon.

"What do you want to know?" he asked finally as he handed over his body over to the discretion of the god of knives. With sweaty palms he slowly picked up his coffee mug and wondered if he'd ever see coffee again?

Tara actually saw the second when she had him exactly where she wanted him. Watching his face she knew he wasn't comfortable and in a warped way that made her feel highly empowered. She wasn't all together sure what if any feelings Lucas had for her but she did know this... he was actually trying to make things right.

After everything that had happened she was finally relieved to say that for the first time since she'd met Lucas Porter... she no longer felt afraid of him.

"Tell me everything."

***********

goes racing back to my little hidey hole