-30-

Not edited. I really really wish I could comment easily to reply to you all. I'm totally laughing right now. One comment in particular and the reply has me thinking... pregnant? mmm let's think this... if she was pregnant then it wouldn't be Lucas' cause the timing was over with over a year ago but hey if you think she should be pregnant to someone else then I can totally make that happen :D Then there's another comment from an earlier chapter that has me completely humbled... saying that the story made them cry more than Notebook... wow. Thank you xxxx

He'd suspected that something was up but now after seeing this he completely understood exactly what that thing was. Truth be told he was relieved it wasn't something else. This was something that none of them would get angry about... anything but... just would have been nice to have a heads up on the situation. A lot of worrying could have been avoided.

He'd spoken to Lucas about this in the beginning when they, well he, became concerned that something seemed off and it was  at Lucas' orders that he was there at that moment. Everything made perfect sense now and he couldn't help but grin. This would make the boss very pleased. Watching the tail lights of Jones' car disappear into the distance he left to go home.

Lucas stood outside the cafe becoming more imparient with every minute. He'd looked at his watch so many times he was sure he'd suffer RSI from all the turning his wrist was doing. Where the fuck was Keiran?

"Not here yet boss?"

"No" he growled out in reply to Simeon "he better still be coming!"

Sineon supressed the laugh. He knew that Keiran was on his way. He'd let the boss have his conversation before filling him in on what Dane had just told him. It was a conversation he was happy to relay, just not right now when there was a risk of being overheard.

"He'll be he... look" he pointed to the beginning of the block where Keiran and Jace were walking hand in hand towards them.

Lucas nodded, unable to speak the of the relief that he felt in that moment.

"I'm sorry we're late..." Keiran paused and looked at Jace who was watching him and smiled encouragingly back at him "we were talking to Tara."

Lucas found himself almost paralysed with fear. This was the closest he'd come to Tara in months.

"Is she ok?"

Smooth Lucas, real smooth.

"Yeh she is. She knows we're here."

Oh fuck!

"She's ok with it?' his voice came out squeaky and soft.

Oh grow some balls Lucas! You sound like a fucking mouse!

"Ok might not be the right way to describe it. Accepting is probably better."

Lucas simply nodded. It wasn't like he was actually the one in charge of this situation.

"Boss, why don't you go and sit at that table while I grab some drinks?"

"I'll help" Jace offered following Simeon into the cafe as Lucas and Keiran made their way over to the picnic table to sit.

Lucas sat and waited until Keiran had placed his keys and phone onto the table between them. He knew it was up to Keiran as to how mucb he told him... he just had to hope it was everything.

"I want to ask you a question. How you answer this will determine whether I speak to you ever again." Keiran's voice was hard and showed strength that Lucas hadn't seen him display before.

Lucas nodded "Go ahead."

"What makes you think you have the right to be in the life of someone you raped?"