-78-

Not edited. 

Tara wandered up the hall thinking about what Lucas said about having a baby and while there was a part of her that thought it would be wonderful there was also a part of her that worried about what sort of mother she'd be. If she were like her own then she knew she'd be ok but if she had more of her father's genes then she was scared of putting a child through the hell she'd been through.

But she wouldn't... would she? And it wasn't like she'd be alone with the way everyone around her were a family. Thankfully it wasnt sonething she had to worry about in this particular moment but there was something else that bothered her as well.

Could she have séx

The million dollar question that she knew Lucas would pay for a hundred times over for if he got to know the answer.

Their relationship had shifted dramatically in recent days. She found that she no longer cringed at the thought of him touching her. He was gentle, kind and sweet and pretty much every girls fantasy man.

His body was ripped. She'd seen him without a shirt and his hairless chest was firm, tonned and tanned. There were moments when she blushed at the thought of running her fingers over it.

His abs! As Keiran would say *fans self*. They were amazing! Each line a defining break between the next and the creation of what people called washboard abs were part of the reason her body heated up just at the thought of them.

It didn't seem right to think about Lucas in this way but he was her husband so that cancelled out all the negative reasonings... right? She was coming to enjoy the cuddles, the kisses and the teases he lavished her with.

She hadn't really know what she was letting her in for when she said he could touch her whenever he wanted to. Now though she bad some idea what the true meaning of those words were.

She pushed open the door to her room... but was it hers any more? The conversation from just hours ago ran through her mind bringing a smile to her face.

A flustered Lucas kept turning his head towards her as they sat together on the lounger outside out the back soaking in the morning sun before Lucas had to go to the main house.

"Lucas what's wrong?" Tara asked as for what seemed the tenth time be did it again.

"Oh.. uh..." he shook his head and looked to straight ahead "it's nothing."

Tara looked at him and could see a small ball of sweat trickle down the side of his face.

"It's not nothing Lucas if you..."

"No no....honestly its ok... just an idea... a stupid idea.... me being stupid for thinking it."

"What are you talking about?" her curiousity was spiked.

"Nah, don't worry about it..."

"Is it important?", she demanded to know.

Lucas pulled himself upright and circled his knees with his arms and his hands met in the middle.

"Well... kinda..." he trailed off again.

"Lucas!" If she'd been standing tgen she would have stamped her foot.

He twisted his neck as if it were sore and immediately wanted to grin as he took the opportunity to glance at Tara.

Damn she was beautiful when she was angry! That small crease that made him want to wipe it away with a kiss. Her eyes were pools of dark heat that he could get himself lost in time and time again.

"Lucas?" her voice held a small amount of apprehension this time.

"Ok. I know... well... I was wondering..."

Oh hell! He sounded like a love sick teenager!

"Go on" she prompted softly.

He took a deep breath and the next words came tumbling out without any thought of their possible double sided meaning.

"Will you sleep with me?"

He turned sharply at the gasp from Tara and was sure the colour was draining from his face.

"NO! No baby. Oh my God! I didn't mean... oh no... I don't mean that... well I do but... oh hell!" he jumped up and paced in front of her before coming to a complete stop in front of her "Baby. I want you to sleep in my bed... our bed... you and me just sleeping. Getting used to one another and..."

"Ok."

"I know it may seem strange to start with but"

"Ok."

"Well I hope..." he stopped "What did you say?" the pleading look on his face dropped to one of uncertainty and disbelief.

"Ok."

"Ok as in?" he asked nervously, unsure of what part of his ramblings she was agreeing with.

"Ok. I'll sleep in your bed."

His mouth dropped open.

"You will?"

"I will" her answer came with a small smile.

He moved so swiftly she wasn't prepared for the air to leave her body so quickly as he dropped to her side and buried his head into her stomach and held her tight.

She gasped and inhaled quickly and slowly lifted her hand to rest in on his back. His body shivered at her touch... the first she'd chosen to instigate herself. She smiled.

Crossing to the wardrobe she pulled out the clothes she was going to wear after her shower. The warmth she felt was buffeted by small butterflies of excitement.

The door of the bathroom opened and she jumped back in shock.

Lucas.

Standing in the doorway with just a towel wrapped around his waist. His hair damp from the obvious shower he'd just had. Neither had heard the other and now...

"The shower's not working in our room and I forgot to grab clean clothes and... hell I'm sorry!"

He ran from the room so quickly that Tara had no chance to reply.

She started to laugh. The expression on his face was priceless, like a little boy who'd been caught with his hand in the biscuit jar. A complete contrast to the man whom Tara couldn't help but know one very important fact.

Lucas Porter, her husband... was hot.

***********