Chapter 50 • On Our Own?

Xavion's Pov.

I change into a set of well fitted clothes that conceal the handgun and tracking device that Detective Milo gave to me. This time, we are taking a new approach and we are going in full force, but not alone as we intended. Instead of just the two of us, as we were originally planning, Detective Milo and his consultants are more than willing to help take these assholes down.

The plan we have in motion sounds simple, but it's going to have a messy execution. Time is important, so Detective Milo has called in the National Investigation Bureau's task force for backup. They're highly skilled and well trained, this is their job.

All we have to do now is wait for the perfect moment to strike. The address we got from Graham is being surveyed for a few hours to make sure it's the right one and see who enters and exits the building in an attempt to aid Milo's investigation. Too bad he had to return to work, he hasn't been out in the field for ages.

Now, here we are, hiding in the back of an unmarked van with two people from the task force. I look at Yoi who is staring out the window, with her arm propped up, a longing look on her face. I turn my head back towards the front and lean forward, "How long are we going to wait?" I ask them, feeling impatient. The longer we stay here doing nothing, the more I worry and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

They both keep their heads forward, but glance my way. "Alpha, we are having trouble determining if this is the correct building. Our surveyors are telling us that the only individuals entering the building are men in business suits," one of them speaks up.

The other one picks up his radio and calls in, "Razor G. calling in, is there an update?" He asks, letting his finger off the button.

"Not yet, will update you when we get confirmation to enter or leave. Vector A. out," a female quickly replies.

I sigh and then take in a deep breath. The two agents snap their heads back, "What are you doing? You're going to break our cover," they says, trying to get me to stop.

"If it is a normal building, then they shouldn't have an issue with their Alpha visiting. If it's not, then you'll be able to tell because I'll keep my microphone on," I say, tapping my earpiece. I hate to pull this and disobey the NIB, but we are getting no results just sitting here. It's been four hours, I'm no longer willing to wait.

The two looks between eachother, then back at me. "Alright Alpha, we will call it in. Keep your microphone on at all costs- if it gets cut off then we are going in," the passenger state, holding his radio up.

Yoi scrambles and attempts to open her door, but I reach over and pull her into the middle seat, "I'm sorry, but it's better if I go in alone for now," I say, trying to come up with an excuse for her to stay.

She growls and slaps my hand away, "I think the fuck not," she huffs, pushing past me and rolls out of the van and onto the ground, "we are doing this together, those are my boys!"

I lean over and pick Yoi up by her waist, easily tossing her back into the van as she proceeds to yell at me. "Make sure she doesn't leave," I say to the agents before slamming the door shut. It clicks, locking as one of them holds their thumb up.

As I walk away, I can still hear Yoi yelling prophanities my way. I'm sorry, I'm just scared of losing you Yoi.

Casually approaching the building, my pack member's eyes go wide as they notice me. It's a large, ten story building recently built with many mirror-like windows. It's quite nice for a drug hub, if it is one. The front doors automatically slide open and I'm greeted to an extravagant reception area, filled with statues and a waterfall in the middle.