Forgiveness

Tw: further depictions of SH and suicidal thoughts

Enid Sinclair's POV:

"I- I'm right here," I mutter, teeth chattering harshly. I've turned into a wolfsicle, snot running down my face as I fall to the ground, transforming back into a human due to the duress.

Now my body is fully exposed and my arm is bleeding, dripping down on the white powder below. This is it. This is the end. My fingertips quickly become numb and I cough from the harsh cold in my lungs.

Then I feel something warm coat me, maybe a cape or a blanket?

"I've got you. I won't let you go again," I hear a voice say.

I wrap my arms around this person as they carry me away. This must be god. His hands are weirdly cold and slender though. Who knew?

"Take me to hell, I don't deserve to go to heaven," I squeak as I clutch the figure tighter, still refusing to open my eyes. At least Hell will be warmer, my body is chilled to the bone right now.

"Shhh, we're almost there. Just hang tight."

Mmm, God smells like sandalwood and old books, just like Wednesday. God smells soooo good.

Then, my surroundings become warm as I hear a door close behind me. This must be my new home. I'm dead now, welcome to the afterlife, Sinclair!

"Enid? Enid, you need to put these on. My outerwear isn't warm enough to cover you right now.

My limbs are numb but I let this angelic figure dress me as I slowly open my eyes. Huh, Hell looks like my old dorm room. I think I'm laying in Wednesday's bed too. Omg is this like a 'Hell loop' where I'm forced to see Wednesday find a new partner over and over again? Please please please no, anything but that.

Then I see her, wow she's beautiful.

I can't believe it, she's here. She's standing right in front of me. I want to reach out, but I still can't move. She looks at me with a sad understanding in her eyes, as if she knows what I'm going through. I want to cry. I want to tell her how much I still care. But all I can do is lay here, motionless.

"Enid, why were you even outside? The snowstorm was covered profusely on the news this week," Wednesday said with unmistakable fear in her voice.

I move my mouth to speak but the words won't come out. I must be alive. Come on Enid I need to speak to her, try harder! The words soon come tumbling out, weak in my register, but raw and from the soul, "If I'm here, I'm hurting you, Wednesday," I begin.

She brushes my cheek with her fingers, prompting me to let it all out, so I continue, "I see the pain in your eyes every time I'm close, it's killing me. I don't want to hurt you anymore. I want you to be happy. I know I'm not the one who can give you that happiness, so I was letting go. I love you more than I love myself right now and I still managed to practically kill you. I can still make this right. Let me go back out there."

The tears soon rim in my eyes before spilling over. I'm alive.

Then I feel a cold palm slap my cheek as my head turns, "ENID BERNADETTE SIN FUCKING CLAIR, HOW DARE YOU TRY AND LEAVE ME WITHOUT EVEN SAYING GOODBYE! I will slap some sense into you, I swear to god. Don't ever scare me like that again." Yoko bawls, pushing Wednesday out of the way to wrap me in a hug, "wolf cub I'm so happy you're okay."

I feel a smile return to my face as my body returns to its normal temperature, regaining its feeling.

Wednesday and Yoko actually saved me. They still want me here. My arm stings but I continue pressing into the hug.