The Haunt of the past

*The picture above will make sense later*
Enid Sinclair's POV:

WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE?!

I think Wednesday is trying to kill me here. That's it, I'm going to wave the white flag, there is no way I'm doing this.

I'm currently sitting in class, trying not to go into total panic mode because I know that once school ends, I need to do homework and then go to a haunted house with my girlfriend.

I swear that she likes to torture me

I'm currently learning about different sentence structures in English and each time I jot a note down, I feel my hands slightly shake as my eyes dart from my paper to the clock at the front of the classroom.

Deep breaths, it's just actors. It's not like they could harm my life in any way. I am a big girl now, I have a job, I no longer live with my parents, I have a pet, and a girlfriend that I love. This will be fine.

*********

THIS IS NOT FINE!

Wednesday and I have just finished our homework and have arrived in front of a big spooky house with cobwebs and fog surrounding the area. It kinda reminds me of Wednesday's house, except I know this one is filled with spooky clowns, dolls that come alive, zombies, serial killers, and feral vampires that actually suck your blood dry... That last one is definitely not true but I'm still terrified.

I could barely watch 'The Shining' with Wednesday through a screen, now I have to go through an actual haunted house in real life?!

We are waiting in line to get our wristbands to enter the house as a man walks down the line, handing papers out for everyone to sign. He finally reaches us, handing out a clipboard, a few pieces of paper, and a pen.

"Girls read through these and sign on the dotted line."

I start reading, pretty standard waver. It's how the corporation ensures they don't have to pay legal fees if anyone has a heart condition. Then, I see a paragraph that says if you sign, the actors have permission to touch you, just not for an extended period of time, nor in any private areas.

Nope, I don't think I can do this. The sun is already almost set and I hear shrieks and screams coming from the house. WHY DID SHE PICK SUCH A SCARY ONE?

Eh, it's Wednesday, so I shouldn't be surprised.

My face is currently hot and I feel faint and anxious, my girlfriend on the other hand looks perfectly calm, happy to be in her element.

Suddenly her expression changes as she looks off towards a group of high schoolers at the front of the line, must be some of the kids from the party we went to last weekend.

"Enid, stay here and save our place in line. I need to go check something."

"Okay, is everything alright, ma chérie?"

"Yes. I'll be back in two minutes."

Wednesday Addams POV:

Is that... Joel? I haven't seen him since that one summer. I must investigate.

I approach a group of children as I see Joel turn his head towards me, surprised.

"Wait, Wednesday? Holy shit is that really you?"

"Yes. After you ran away from a tiny jump scare at my house, I'm surprised to find you at another haunted one."

"You look good. These are my cousins, Diego, and Justice. This is my girlfriend, Ava. Did you come here with anybody?"