First day back

First time reader check in~~~

Re-reader check in~~~

Wednesday Addams POV:

I sit in our family car on my way back to nevermore academy. My family's as suffocating as ever knowing they will have to part with me soon.

"Ahh, Wednesday aren't you excited to be back at nevermore my little cold-blooded viper?" Asked my father excitedly.

"I suppose I am looking forward to it, father. Last semester was quite entertaining with mysteries and murder. I simply hope this semester can entertain me as much." I said honestly.

My father's now grinning ear to ear, "Just what I like to hear my beautiful black-haired bat! I will miss you so much."

"I am departing now. Pugsley, I will miss torturing you the most. Goodbye, family. Thing, help me unpack," I said whilst stepping out.

My eyes are full, looking at my new home for the next few months. We have a new principal, given Mrs. Weems was coldly killed by our botany teacher Mrs. Thornhill.

Our new Principal is a vampire named Ms. Blacksteine. Given her cold-hearted reputation, I couldn't be more excited to meet her and ask of new ways I could torture people. Her experience on the subject definitely precedes her.

Once I am done grabbing my bags, I walk up the steps toward Ophelia hall where Enid is probably unpacking.

These last few months have reminded me of the colorful girl quite often. Whenever I tried to trip a stranger in a colorful shirt I thought of her. Also that one time I stole a scarf from a toddler, I was reminded of the time she made a snood for me. And of course whenever a horrendous KPOP song came on the radio I thought of Enid doing her ridiculous little dance. The image haunts me at night.

At the end of last semester, Enid made me install social media apps and created accounts for me. She also added her number to the phone I received against my will (aka the one Xavier gave me).

I still never understood her need of texting me 'good morning' every day. Mornings are never 'good' they pave way to color and happiness. Happiness disgusts me. That's why I'd never say good morning back. I would simply text her goodnight at the end of the day before I went to sleep. Nights are something I look forward to, those are actually 'good.'

On the topic of social media... Painfully, and not in a good way, I tried to keep up with my peers by chatting on a site called witter. I have never understood it but my friends are on the site constantly so I chime in once every few weeks.

That's as far as my phone usage went.
I have now arrived at my door room. I open the big door and my eyes start to tear up by how many colors I am seeing. I didn't miss looking at Enid's side of the room. A bright-haired girl turns toward me and begins to run toward the door.

"OH MY GOODNESS HI WEDNESDAY HOW HAVE YOU BEEN! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE GONE MONTHS WITHOUT SEEING YOU!" She exclaimed.

"Enid... your color is just as bright as ever. I hope your break was as bone-chilling as mine was."

"REALLY? Omg thanks, Wednesday I think that's the nicest thing you have ever said to me!!" She says leaning in for a hug.

I step away coldly. I despise physical touch. The only time I didn't mind it was when Enid hugged me after battle last semester. It felt warm, like how I feel dismembering fresh body parts. I quite enjoy that feeling. It was a special circumstance last semester, nothing more.

"Stillll not a hugger, that's ok!" She says.

A hint of sadness rolls through her eyes, yet a smile as bright and cheery as ever.