131. SHOW ME

After Tina served the table, she proceeded to inform Darian and Lena about it. When they were settled on the dining table, Lena excused herself to get Isabella from the room.

She got to the doorpost and knocked gently at the door, her waist hurt as she stood by the door. She leaned against the doorpost, hand clamped over the doorknob. She knocked four times and there wasn't any response from Isabella. She panicked, hurrying to burst into the room. She got in and met Isabella resting on the bed, her eyes shut and her head above her head.

"Isa?" She called but there was no response from her. Lena was scared, different thoughts ran through her mind as she approached Isabella who looked lifeless from her posture. "Isa?" She stooped to touch her face and Isabella's eyes snapped open, blinking her eyes in search of the intruder who had disturbed her reverie.

"Are you alright?" Lena asked her.

Nodding her head, she sat up and heaved a long sigh. "I am fine," she responded dryly.

"Oh, I have been calling you and I am scared something is wrong with you." She took a seat on the bed. "It's time to eat, Darian is waiting for us." She informed her but Isabella shook her head in declination, she wasn't interested in eating with them. "Why, is there something wrong?"

"I want to leave, Lena. Living here doesn't feel like home anymore." Isabella said, shaking her head.

"Please, let me go."

"Isa, why do you want to leave?" Lena asked in a reserved tone.

"Lena, it doesn't feel like where I want to be anymore." She said, folding her arms against her chest. "I appreciate what you and your husband have done for me, I do not take any for granted, but I can't stay here with you anymore."

"Isa, do you want to leave now because you know who Darian is to you?"

"No, I still don't know who he is to me, Lena. I don't know who he is to me!" She rubbed her fingers against her temples. "You know when you brought me here, I was glad and thought that I would forget about my worries and all that made me sad. It was nice until he told me about our relationship. Lena, what sort of a mother am I?" Tears stained her cheeks, and she shook her head and continued. "How can I be a mother to a son that I barely recognize? Here isn't what I hoped it would be, I can't live here anymore, Lena. Staying here with you and Darian is like hell, it makes me sad, so sad that I can't even make out anything about who he is to me." The tears dropped and Isabella let out sniffles that caused Lena to flinch.

She could easily see how much Isabella was broken and dejected. She took her hand and forced a smile out. "You do remember that you have a son, don't you?" She asked her.

"I know I did, I had a son," Isabella said sharply.

"So, why is it so difficult for you to accept that your little son who was taken away from you many years ago turned out to be a very fine young man who is now my husband?" She kneaded her fingers, making sure that her voice was soft and didn't depict anger or hatred. Isabella was sad already and she didn't want to add to that.

"Lena, I have no proof that he's truly my son and I feel horrible. I feel so horrible for abandoning him at that tender age. He hates me so much, Lena."

"He doesn't hate you, Darian wouldn't bring you home if he hated you and we all know the story of how he was forcefully taken away from you after birth. You were helpless, there was no way you would have fought against the Dawson family alone." Lena smiled at her. "Isabella, all proof that you need will be shown to you today and after that, I want you to stop blaming yourself and be thankful that you get to be with your son again before you die. This is a rare one, you might never have met with him again."

Lena's words brought heavy tears to Isabella's eyes. She stared at Lena with teary eyes and nodded her head in understanding.

"Darian doesn't have grudges against you anymore. He wants to form a bond with you if you are willing."

"I am not certain about that, he always looks so mean." Isabella chuckled, wiping tears from her eyes. She imagined herself having a hearty talk with Darian, forming and building their relationship as mother and son. It seemed beautiful, too beautiful and she wanted that.

"Would you give it a chance and get the thoughts of leaving the house off your mind?" She asked, smiling.

"Lena, you have a way of making me smile even when I don't want to. Thank you so much, I am certain that Darian found the best woman for a wife."

Lena smiled heartily, "He found the perfect woman and I can't deny the fact that he's the best human that I have met in my lifetime. I am sure you will be glad to know him if you do give him a chance, he's an amazing human."

"I trust your words, Lena." Isabella intertwined her fingers with Lena's.

"So, would you stop sulking and come with me to the dining room? We have things that you would like to see."

Isabella contemplated for a while, she looked back at Lena and smiled. "I am interested in the things that you want to show me." She smiled.

"Good, let's head to the dining table, Darian must be waiting for us."

Isabella was about to talk when they heard a knock at the door.

"Can I come in?" Darian asked.

They exchanged a meaningful glance with each other. Smiling, Lena responded to him. "Yes, you can come in, Darian."

Faithy💓