105. I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU

Earlier that morning, Lena had left the house to visit her father. Darian made sure her bodyguards went with her even though she quibbled and told him that she didn't want anything that belonged to him anymore.

Darian approached Jay for advice when Lena was away. Though not conversant with matters of the heart, he was able to advise him on a few things to do, to placate his wife and Darian decided to try them out, hoping they'd work out.

It'd been four days already and he missed her dreadfully, living in the same house with her and not talking to her was doing a lot of harm to him. He wanted his wife back.

He busied himself with mafia affairs while she was away. Even as he worked, he was constantly checking to see if she had arrived.

He had different thoughts and somehow, he feared that Lena would not return to his house because she was mad at him. He crouched on a sofa in the living room, patiently waiting for her.

Darian was restless as he peeked through the window from time to time. He heard the screeching sound of her vehicle and immediately got off the couch.

He walked into the kitchen to lean behind the door. So he could have a clear view of her reaction as she walked into the living room.

Lena pushed the door open, and her eyes quickly roamed the living room. She called on Tina, but there was no response. She proceeded to check on her in the kitchen and there, she saw Darian leaning against the door, standing with arms akimbo.

She halted on her steps, veering back.

"Lena," he called after her but she didn't look back at him.  She noticed there were smidgens of roses scattered all over the hallway as she headed to the bedroom.

Scoffing, she ignored them all and continued. She got to the doorway that led to the bedroom and sighed when she saw roses scattered all around the place. The door was left open, she waltzed in and saw a giant white teddy bear on their bed, there was a red ribbon on the neck, and there was a heart-shaped cake, a bouquet and a bottle of red wine.

"What is he up to?" She wriggled her head, totally ignoring the things on the bed. But she couldn't resist them for long. Out of curiosity, she ambled over to the bedside to check out the things Darian left there. She picked up the teddy bear, running her fingers through it. "What does he think he's doing?" She looked back and Darian wasn't anywhere close to her. She stared at the cake and wine and smiled. But the smile faltered when she felt Darian's presence in the room.

She turned around to face him, her eyes are bloodshot with anger.

Darian leaned against the door, his hands in the pockets of the slacks he wore. He tilted his head and squinted his eyes as he stared at her.

"Lena, I am sorry." He walked closer to her.

"You got these things to tell me that you are sorry?" She asked, pointing at the things on the bed. She was unimpressed.

"I don't know how else to prove to you that I am sorry." He was right in front of her. "I was wrong, I hurt you, and I want you to forgive me."

Lena looked away from him, she missed him so much. "Sorry does not just heal a broken heart." She lowered the teddy bear on the bed. "Sorry doesn't heal a broken heart, Darian."

"I know I broke your heart, but I want to mend it again. If you'd give me a chance, Lena." He took her hand and she didn't fight him. He shut his eyes and got a kick out of her warmth. "I was an asshole, I didn't know much about love, I was learning them and I wasn't patient enough." He pulled her closer, stroking her hair as she sobbed in his arms. "I hurt you and I hurt myself, I didn't realize that until I saw your tears. Seeing you in tears hurts me and knowing that I am the cause of your tears breaks my heart into shreds. I want to heal your heart if you'd give me a chance to. I know I have hurt you, but I am sorry, Lena. I am truly sorry, please forgive me." She looked up at him to see the sincerity in his eyes as he gazed down at her.

There was no lie, it was true. He was sorry and she could feel that.

"Darian," she burst into tears, but he didn't let her cry. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her very tightly.

He kissed her hair and whispered into her ears. "I am sorry, Lena."

She melted, her knees grew weak and she couldn't resist him for too long. She had fought herself for days, trying so hard not to think of Darian, but it was impossible.

She filled her head with his thoughts and she missed him so much. She couldn't stay long, not talking to him. She was already getting sick and she needed him back, so badly, she wanted him.

"I am hurt,"

"I know and I am sorry I caused it."

"Promise me that you will not cheat on me anymore, I can't stand the pain."

"I give you my words, Lena. I swear to you that I will never cheat on you. It was a mistake and I greatly regret it."

She hugged him tighter, for all the days she'd missed him so much but couldn't touch him, for all the days she'd craved his warmth but had to bury her head under her duvet and for all the days she'd wanted to talk to him about her day, do things with him, but couldn't because he hurt her.

She didn't know if she was meant to say the words first, but that was how she felt.

"I love you, Darian." The words she'd been holding in for days left her mouth. "I love you and I was heartbroken when I got the news. I felt cheated and unloved, I was unhappy, devastated and just felt like my whole world was crumbling right before my eyes."

"I am sorry I made you feel that way." He kissed her cheeks gently and sat her on the bed. "Lena?" He called, staring into her eyes. He took her hand in his and sighed. She looked at him, anticipating his words. "I know that I have hurt you, but I want us to start all over again. I want you to give me a chance to prove to you that you mean the world to me."

"Darian,"

"Lena," he retorted. She had been calling his name, but not saying anything. "I don't want you to love me any less, Lena. It might have taken me a long time to figure this out. Maybe it was a little too late, but what I feel for you is real, Lena. You, and our marriage mean so much to me. I want you like my own life, I have never yearned for anyone the way I do for you. I," he paused, staring at her.

Lena's heart palpitated, she tightened his grip on her fingers and stared intensely at him.

"Lena, I am in love with you, not just in love." He looked down at their fingers and smiled. "I am madly in love with you and no one else can complete me the way you do." He raised her hand and placed soft kisses on her fingers. "I know you've been waiting for this for too long and I am sorry it took me too late to realize that I can't live without you. I love you, much more than you can ever think of." He pressed a long kiss to her forehead. It was easy to love her, she made loving and living easy for him, and he couldn't hide that fact anymore.

That was the first time Darian would ever confess his feelings. As much as he tried to deny the fact that he was madly in love with his wife, he failed. He couldn't do it, he loved her too much to even hide what he felt for her.

Tears slipped down Lena's face as she looked at Darian with so much love. Her heart was beating for him, she could equally see the love he felt for her in his eyes.

"I love you, Darian." She said in a low voice.

"I love you, Lena." He kissed her, wrapping his arms around her. "And I am sorry for hurting you, let's start all over again."

She nodded her head, she couldn't refuse his pleas now.

"Do you forgive me?" He let go of her, gazing into her eyes.

"I forgive you, Darian." She smiled heartily.

"Then, let's start all over again." He extended his palm to her and she placed hers on it. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too," Lena retorted, smiling.

Faithy💓