103. FUCKED UP

Lena made sure she didn't pick up Darian's calls throughout the days he was away. She thought about different things to do before he got back from his trip, she was angry, really angry at Darian for cheating on her with Thelma.

She was tossing her clothes into her bag when Darian pulled open the door to their bedroom. He had been calling her for two days but she wasn't picking up, he had to leave what he went for to come back home to see if his wife was good. Even though he got reports from the bodyguards and Tina that Lena was fine, he still wanted to see her and be sure, he was certain Lena would never air his calls unless something had happened.

The journey back home was overly long and tiring, he wanted to see his wife so bad to know what was wrong with her.

  He dropped his suitcase on the bed and moved closer to her. She was aware of his presence, but she pretended not to notice that he was around her. She kept on tossing her clothes in a bag, she suddenly stopped when she didn't know where to go. She hauled the bag to one side of her closet and walked down to sit on the bed.

"Lena, what's going on?" He asked. "I have been in this room for ten minutes, yet, you don't acknowledge my presence. I was away on a trip, I called several times, but you refused to pick up my calls. What's wrong with you, Wifey?"

Lena briefly shut her eyes.

"Are you mad that I left you alone," he sat close to her, taking her hand, but she jerked away, rolling her eyes at him. "Hey, what's with this weird attitude of yours?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "What have I done this time?"

She didn't say a word to him. She had been crying for the past two days and she promised herself not to cry anymore, but thinking about everything got tears out of her eyes again. She let out sniffles and said, "I want to be alone, Darian."

"Do you think I will let you be?"

"Let me be! I don't care if you will let me be or not. I don't care what the fuck you do! I will move out of your house if you want me to, just go, please." She cried out, she was pained. Seeing Darian's face caused her more pain, she still found it so difficult to believe he cheated on her.

"What are you talking about?" He was lost. His face crinkled and he shook his head. "Why would you want to leave my house? You should talk to me if there is something. How am I to know what I have done wrong if you won't tell me?" He scoffed, getting out of bed. He crammed his fingers in his hair, ruffling it. "Did someone hurt you?" That was the one thing he could think of right then. "What happened to you while I was away? Did anyone from the Dawson family touch you? I swear, I will kill anyone who comes near you." He lowered himself, crouching next to the bedside. He cupped her cheeks in his hands and looked into her eyes with a soft expression. "Please Lena, talk to me. What happened to you?"

"It all makes sense to me now." She wiped tears off her face.

He shrugged in question.

"It makes sense to me the reason you have never told me that you love me." She shook her head, staring at him. Tears brimming at the corner of her eyes, tears that stung her eyes.  "You never do, you don't love me and you are doing all you are because you just want to do them to make me think that you care about me, but you don't care about me, my feelings, my, my…" She choked back her tears, pausing to calm her nerves. She was mad and sad.

"What are you talking about, Lena?"

She jumped out of bed, ambling towards the drawer adjoined to the dresser. She pulled open the first compartment, bringing out the envelope Thelma gave to her. She walked back to Darian and handed it over to him.

"What's in here?" He queried.

"See for yourself." She scoffed at him. She leaned on the wall, folding her arms around her chest.