18. I WANT A DIVORCE

"Hi Lisa, I think I'm getting a divorce," Lena informed her best friend over the phone.

"What happened this time?" Lisa huffed a sigh, knowing Lena was mad at Darian again.

"Darian is arrogant, he's a bastard and I can't deal with him anymore. See Lisa, I have tried, I have tried to be good to him but he doesn't deserve my kindness." She rolled her eyes and hissed out loudly. "He's an asshole, a big one!" She screeched.

"Calm down, okay? What happened this time and how do you want me to punish him? Do you want me to make him the villain in my book or just brutally murder his character? Do you want me to cut off his dick or spit on his face? Just tell me what you want, I can do that to him in my books." She assured Lena.

Lena scoffed, "But you do know that can only happen in your books, right?"

"Yes, but we will make him suffer. Tell me what you want him to go through." She teased.

"Cutting his dick is brutal, I don't want that. How about hmmmmm," she looked thoughtfully at the portrait in the living room—and ergonomic artistic artwork, a black woman backing a baby, she smiled heartily, Lena stared closely, that was the first time she was reading the meaning behind that woman's smile, it was her baby. She imagined herself with a child, a child as handsome as Darian was. She quickly shook the thoughts off her head.

"Lena, are you there?" She asked when Lena got carried away.

"Lisa, I was carried away. He takes some pills every morning, and I felt it was right to ask what the pills are for. But when I asked, he flinched and got so mad that he had to remind me that I meant nothing to him and that he married me because my dad owed him. That insolence," Lena clenched her jaw, waiting for her friend's response.

"I think I should kidnap him. Send some bad guys to him, they would kidnap him and make him suffer for berating you. That's what I'm going to do." Lisa finalized, Lena could hear the tapping sound her fingers made. She smiled at her friend's craziness, books were her life. She read and wrote books, she always made the bad guys the villains when she was so mad at someone, she would create a book and give the character the name of the person and make them suffer so much.

There was a time she got mad at Lena, she had written and used her name as one of the characters in her books, and the character was later dumped by her boyfriend. 

"You should never let him get the least of you, don't let him make you feel less of yourself. He married you because you are too beautiful and he couldn't resist you." Lisa said, chuckling. "That's the truth and we all know that. So, baby girl, do not worry about the craps he spits, okay?"

Lena laughed, she knew talking to Lisa would do the soothing magic. 

"He got me a job at the casino, I have never been there and don't even know how things work there." She told Lisa.

"Oh, the mafia casino is a dangerous place to be. Do you think that idea is cool? I mean, he has a company, he can easily fix you up in an office. You graduated with good grades, man, the top of the class." Lisa hissed out loudly. "I hope he looks after you as you go out there to work. You have to be extra careful." She warned.

"Right? He got me two hefty bodyguards too. Those men are big." Lena laughed, trying to envision an image of Harrison and Dickson in her head.

"Oh wow, I think I will have to praise him here. You won't get mad at me, will you?" Lisa asked her.

"I will, there is a deal. We are best friends. You either take my side or we break up this friendship." Lena threatened. "You can't be taking Darian's side when he's been heartless to your best friend."