17. DON'T INTRUDE ON MY PRIVACY

17. DON’T INTRUDE ON MY PRIVACY 

Lena woke up to Darian swallowing some pills, she had seen him do that several times but she was yet to ask what the pills were for.

She let out a soft yawn to catch his attention, and he looked at her. Hauled back the drawer and made for the closet.

"Hmm, good morning." She greeted him.

"Yeah?" He was on his way to the bathroom now, stark naked in front of her. She stared away from him. 

"Just go in and have your bath, I will talk to you later." She circled her eyes with her palm, trying so hard not to gawk at her husband's naked body.

He didn't say anything to her, he walked into the bathroom, sat in the male bathtub, and leaned his head on the wall. He heaved a sigh as he rubbed the lavender soap on his body; he was stressed out, so stressed out from work and family business but he couldn't let anyone take his place. Darian used to feel no one could do his job as perfectly as he did.

He remembered Judson's words at the last family meeting; they were done with the gathering and he was heading towards his car with Jay when Judson stopped him and asked after Lena.

Darian was confused at first, he hated that Judson stopped him but the next few words he saw about Lena made him lose his temper. He had punched Judson's face without thinking twice, he was willing to beat him into a pulp but his bodyguards quickly intervened.

"Bastard," he cussed as the cold water ran through his skin. He washed his body, left the bathtub, and went back to the room with a towel wrapped around his waist. "You should go have your bath too, I would like to drop you at the casino before going to work." He said to Lena who was still busy with her phone.

"You gave me bodyguards. Why do you still want to stress yourself out?" She flung the phone on the bed and jerked up. Slipping her flops on, she made for her closet to search for a suitable outfit to wear on her first day at work.

"It's your first day and I'd like to introduce you to the other women myself." He yanked the towel off his waist, and Lena quickly stared away.

"Nice," she settled for a short red dress with a plunging neckline that stopped exactly at her knees, "This is perfect." She said, kissing the dress. "Darian?" She called him, still not looking at him.

His eyes moved to her, "Do you want to say something?"

"Yes, I do." she paused, thinking it through before saying her words. "Those pills you swallow every morning. What's their use?" She questioned.

"Pills?" He leveled his eyes on her. "What are you talking about?" He queried.

"Those pills," she tossed the clothes in her hand on the bed and walked closer to his side of the bed. She reached for the drawer but he held her hands before she could pull out the cabinet.

"I thought we agreed not to touch each other's things without permission, I trusted your words, why are you coming here without my consent?" He scoffed at her.

"The pills, I want to find out—"

"You don't have to, it's none of your business." He interrupted her.

"Why not?" Lena furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Don't intrude on my privacy, Lena." He warned her.

"I am your wife, Darian and I deserve to know some things that happen in your life too. You swallow pills every morning and you say I am intruding on your privacy by asking what those pills are for?" She threw her arms angrily. "This is not a kind response to give to a woman who is your wife." She flopped on the bed, burying her head between her palms. "I know nothing about you, Darian! Nothing! and is it a crime if I decide to know just a few things about the man I married?" She glared at him.

"We didn't get married to each other to know the secrets we hide. I got married to you because your father fucking owed me!" He yelled at her.

"Really?" Lena got out of bed. "You're still going to say I'm a repayment of my father's debt?" She looked at him, sadness clouding her expression. Her insides were piercing so bad she felt pain as he said those words to her. She wished he could take them back, she loathed that he still thought of her that way.

"What else are you?" He scoffed, heading towards his closet. "Some gift?" He glanced at her. "If you don't know this, get it to your skull now!" His eyes were vicious as he stared at her. "I married you because your father couldn't pay what he owes me, and you don't have a right to intrude on my privacy and ask questions you shouldn't be asking. I would appreciate it if you kept your distance, this marriage happened as a repayment of your father's debt and nothing more will happen between us. Stay the heck away from my business!" He yelled at her, put on his suit, and walked back to the drawer. Pulling it out, he got hold of his gun and edged towards the door. He turned back to her and muttered. "You should find your way to the casino, dropping you there won't be feasible anymore." With that, he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Lena hit her hand on her hurting chest, "Take it in, Lena. Don't cry, he's just an asshole who doesn't know the worth of a woman, okay?" She comforted herself. "You're stronger than this, don't you dare cry." She finished with tears spilling down her eyes, it hurt, it hurt so bad. Darian didn't know how hurtful his words could be. She hit her chest, tears streaming down her face. "No, I won't cry. I won't." She consoled but the tears didn't stop, she curled up on the bed, refusing to go to the casino. He was an asshole and she wouldn't get involved in his family business if that was how low he thought of her.

She wept as she thought of his words, she wished she hadn't met him. No one had ridiculed her the way Darian did and he wasn't always sorry about his words. She was just trying to care about her husband and he said all those words to her? She shook her head.

"He should go to hell with his money, to hell with you, Darian." She yelled out her aggression.

Faithy💓