115. OBSESSED

"No, my husband didn't get this for me," Lena responded.

"Then how did it get here?" Isabella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Lena shrugged her shoulders. "Do you remember anything about it?" She took the painting from Isabella and smoothly ran her fingers through it. "Can you tell me the things you remember about it?" She led her to the bed.

They crouched down and there was a long silence between them.

Isabella rested her palm on her jaw, trying to mull over everything that had happened in her life. Nothing was clear, even the ones she remembered about Raymond were not exactly clear. She sighed and looked at Lena.

"I wanted that and Raymond was ready to get it for me, but I can't remember what happened and why I didn't get that anymore."

"Nothing at all?" Lena was disappointed. She expected more, she wanted Isabella to tell her more. She wanted to tell Darian all about what she'd discussed with Isabella, but she could only do that if she opened up to her.

"I can't remember anything anymore." She let out sniffles, her eyes were swollen like she was about to cry.

Lena was surprised, "But you just talked about this painting." She said, pointing to the painting. "What can you remember about it?" When Isabella didn't talk, Lena inched closer to her and took her hands in hers. "We are friends, aren't we? We can always help each other if we are open to each other." She tried to cajole her into talking, but Isabella wasn't having it. Lena's gimmicks failed and she gave up.

"I want to sleep now," Isabella said and Lena nodded her head. "You have a very beautiful home, thanks for bringing me here." She smiled at Lena before whispering. "Goodnight." She waved at her as she exited the room.

Lena headed towards the study afterwards. The door was left ajar by the time she got there, she walked in to see Darian sleeping with his head hanging on the chair. That sight of her husband sleeping warmed her heart, she hurried to his side and adjusted his head.

Darian didn't wake up as she adjusted his head, she kissed his lips and hugged him from behind.

"I am obsessed with this man," she muttered, smiling as she looked at her husband. She touched his hair and was about to let go when he suddenly grabbed her hands and sat her on his lap.

"This man is obsessed with you too," he said, returning her smile. "I have been waiting for you." He said, kissing her lips gently.

Lena's lips twitched in a small smile. "Is there a reason you've been waiting for me?"

"You know well that there are reasons I am waiting for you, Lena." He took her hand and stroked her fingers. "What did she say to you?"

"Nothing yet, she hasn't said anything. She saw a painting in the guest bedroom and talked about it for a while, but she didn't go further when I asked her more."

Darian nodded his head in understanding.

"What are you working on?" She asked.

"Not something you want to know about." He ran his fingers through her hair and let her rest her head on his chest. Smiling, he said, "Lena, we've never really talked about our babies. Do you want a boy or a girl as a first child?"

She peered over her shoulder to gape at his grinning face. "I want anyone as long as you are the father of the baby."

"I want anyone as long as you are the mother of the baby." He pulled her closer and kissed her. "Lena, I love you so much."

"You've said that so many times today." She giggled.

"I can never get tired of saying it," he let go of her. "Let's go see her."

"No," she stopped him. "She's sleeping, I think we should give her time to rest. She's new here in our home and she had to rest a little before she gets familiar with the things around here. That's what I think though."

"You do have a point here." He rubbed his fingers on his temples and sighed.

"Darian, you've been working so much. Don't you think you should take a break?"

"And you've been emphasizing this for a long time, don't you think you should stop complaining and let me work?" He smirked at her. "Tell me, Lena. Do you need something else from me? Huh? Something you are too shy to ask from me?" He bit his lips, winking at her as she blushed. "What we talked about earlier in the living room, do you want it here and now?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." She chuckled, moving away from him.

"I want you, Lena. It's been a while." He stated frankly.

"Eh, we've been busy lately and…"

He caught her in the centre of the study, "Why are you running from me?" He held her in his hands and looked into her eyes.

"Darian, I just feel we should…" He placed his lips on hers.

Lena's head was spinning as he kissed her gently, she loved that Darian always caught her off guard by kissing her without prior notice. He always did that and she enjoyed it.

"There is nothing that we should do, Wife." He hoisted her up and carried her bridal style into the bedroom. Lena's eyes were on him as he made his way into their room. He bent his head to have a taste of her lips again and she gave in without hesitation, she needed him just as badly as he needed her.

"Maybe your mom needs us around her, Darian." She said when he unlocked the door that led to their bedroom.

"She doesn't need us around, Lena." He smiled. "I want my wife to myself now."

"And you know you always have me." She told him.

He dropped her on the bed, positioning her properly on the king-sized bed. Lena was already squirming with wants when Darian placed her on the bed and went backwards to take a good look at her before he made love to her.

He smiled, reaching for his slacks when a call on his phone disrupted them. He ignored it but the call got incessantly and he had to answer it.

He grabbed his phone from the table and swiped up the screen to pick up the call. He let out a yell that shocked Lena.

"I will be there now!" He ended the call, shoving the phone back into his pocket.

Lena squinted her eyes, she wondered what was going on again. "Darian, what happened again this time?" She asked but he didn't respond to her before rushing out of the room.

Faithy💓