119. YOU ARE PREGNANT

The bodyguards drove behind Lena as she made her way to the hospital. She had stopped them from driving her this time, even after so much persuasion, she didn't let them drive her and they resorted to following behind as she drove.

She halted the car's engine when she arrived at the hospital. Trepidation crammed her insides, she looked over to where Isabella was comfortably seated on the passenger's seat with a small encouraging smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

"Isa," she drawled, almost trembling. "I don't think I want to go in there for the test." Dropping her head on the seat, she heaved an exasperated sigh and wriggled her head in worry.

"Why not?" Isabella queried. "You should be excited that you are about to get one of the best news you would ever hear. Why are you being pessimistic?"

"Isabella," Lena huffed a sigh. Thinking carefully about her next words, she contemplated telling Isabella about her past pregnancy, but those words felt heavy. After careful thought, she let it out.

"I have been pregnant before, but I lost the baby."

There was an arching stillness between them when she dropped those words. She just felt safe sharing her deepest secret with Isabella.

"Why did you lose the baby?" There was no pitiful expression on Isabella's face and Lena appreciated that. The least she needed was for someone to look at her with pity.

"It's a long story, Isa." Lena rubbed her temples and smiled.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it now. You can always talk about it to me whenever you want to talk. Remember I am always here to listen to you and give you the best advice." She smiled softly, patting Lena's back.

There was something about the soothing words of Isabella that just made her feel at ease. She nodded her head and got out of the car, she shut the door and went in with Isabella into the hospital.

Lena didn't stop at the family's hospital, she went to another different one. Since she lost her pregnancy, she had never trusted any of the Doctors in the family's hospital and somehow, she still blamed them for losing the baby even though it was glaring that they knew nothing about it. Trying a new hospital was a better option for her and she decided to try out one that was close to her house.

They were ushered into the hospital by some nurses and after a while, the Doctor appeared to them. Lena was a bit frightened when she saw the Doctor. He led them into his office and she stated the purpose of her visit.

Soon, a series of tests were carried out on her and she was later told to wait for the results of the tests. She did without hesitation, Isabella was by her side as she sat in the reception, waiting for the results of the tests that were carried out on her.

"Are you nervous?" Isabella asked, stroking her fingers.

"Yes, I am." Lena was almost trembling as she awaited the results of her tests. "You have no idea how nervous I am." She feigned a small smile to calm her nerves. Thinking of Darian, a small appeared on her face again, he always talked about making babies and she hoped the result would be positive. She was expecting too much already even though she shouldn't have, she just couldn't help it.

"Calm down and be on the positive side, okay? It will come out well. I am certain about that." Isabella smiled, sure of her words.

Lena loved how she smiled boldly and she decided to summon the same courage Isabella had. But she faltered, her heart was in her throat and when she tried to smile, it was brief. She wanted to see the result so badly, to know where she belonged.

"Sure," Lena clasped her legs together, placing her hands in between her thighs. She looked around the reception, gawking at other patients who were there for different reasons. None of them was smiling. She guessed what was wrong with them was beyond something normal. She immediately found herself being thankful for her life.

"He was with me when I got to know that I will have his child. It was on a day like this when he took me to the hospital to get tested." Sighing, Isabella shook her head and looked at Lena. "I wish we lasted forever, he was the whole reason I existed until he left me." Tears formed in the corner of her eyes but she quickly wiped them off before they dropped.

"Memories of him are the only ones you remember. I hope  you will talk about something else but him." Lena groaned. Sometimes it got tiring listening to Isabella talk about Raymond, but all times she wanted to talk about him to her, she just couldn't shun her.

"There is nothing else that I know but him."

"Isabella," Lena called and was about to start her conversation when the Nurse came to call her in. She looked over to Isabella and shivered. "I don't want to go in there."

"Come with me." Isabella led the way into the office this time. They crouched down on the armchairs in the Doctor's office and smiled.  "Are the results out?"

"Yes, they are." The Doctor beamed with a smile. "Did you notice any changes in your body system lately?"

"Yes, I do."

"Congratulations to you, Mrs Dawson. You are two weeks pregnant." The Doctor stretched out his hand to hand over the reports to her.

Lena snatched the paper off, went through and smiled at Isabella. But the smile was quickly replaced with a scowl.

"I am pregnant again, Isabella." She was happy but also not too happy because she wasn't expecting that to happen too soon. "I am carrying Darian's baby." Thoughts of that melted her heart and she just couldn't wait to break the news to him already.

Isabella smiled, "Congratulations to you, Lena. I knew it would be positive." She shook her hand and smiled. "Now, you have to call your husband and let him know that you are carrying his baby."

"I will but not yet. I will do that over dinner," she responded, already planning on how to tell Darian about the pregnancy and what his expression would be like if he got to know about it.

"You have to resume your antenatal classes with us to keep the baby healthy until delivery." The Doctor told her and she nodded her head in response. "Less strenuous activities and please, you have to rest and eat well."

"I will," Lena chuckled.

"You will get to know of other things to do as time goes by. Congrats to you, once again." The Doctor smiled and Lena returned the sweet smile. She just couldn't believe that she was pregnant again.

Faithy💓