99. MY DISTRACTION

"Gunther is visiting from Dallas.," Jay informed Darian.

"He doesn't have to come," he grumbled in response. "Call him and tell him to stay back. I was shot in the arm and not the brain." He sat on the couch with the help of Jay.

"I thought about it, boss," Jay said thoughtfully. "And I suggested that he stayed back in Dallas, but Gaius insisted that he come to visit."

"Oh, let them have their way then." Darian threw his hands like he didn't care about whatever they planned. It'd been a week since he got discharged from the hospital, a week of staying at home, unable to make use of his left arm, a week of being almost useless, he hated that.

"Is there something you'd like me to do for you?" Jay asked.

Darian shook his head, nothing for now. Jay and Lena had been very supportive since he got back home. Sometimes he felt he was a burden to them, so he lessened his demands, and declined whenever they asked if he wanted them to do something for him.

"About my mother," his eyes darted to the hallway. When he didn't see anyone coming, he continued. "Did you confirm that she's my biological mother?"

"Yes, boss. We did all background checking about her and from what was deduced, she's your mother, boss."

"Then why did he keep on saying my mother was dead?" Darian said aloud.

"Did he tell you that?"

Darian nodded, "He told me my mom was the only woman he ever loved and my dad took her away from him. So, he killed my dad and he's been plotting all means to kill me too, but I was faster than the bastard. I slew him with my hand." He laughed in satisfaction, throwing his head backwards.

"He could be fibbing though." Jay shrugged. I don't think he knows shit about your mom."

"Thought about that too," Darian said, cautiously fixing his heavy gaze on Jay. "I think it's time I visited her, I should stop being anonymous, I should confront her."

"I think you should, Boss. She's been wishing to meet you too. It's going to be great."

"No, I don't think so. For a woman who has never been there for me, someone who left me since I was born." Darian scoffed, shaking his head. "I don't think things would be great between us, but I just want to see her."

"I understand you, boss. But is there a reason you suddenly want to see her?" Jay questioned.

"Aside from the fact that the enemy kept on ranting about her being dead, I got an awakening call. You know he could have shot somewhere more delicate and I could have lost my life, lost everything too. I could have died without getting to see or know who my mother is, I may act like I don't give a fuck about her, but at least, I want to meet her, even if it's for once, I want to see the woman who birthed me." He stretched out his arm to pick up the fork from the dessert plate, he dug the fork into the sliced apple on the ceramics, cutting the apples into two, he forked one and chewed lightly. The Doctor had advised that he ate a lot of fruits.

"I am glad you changed your mind, Boss." Jay smiled genuinely, his eyes not leaving Darian. He had changed so much over the year, it was better to think he changed after he got married to Lena. She changed everything about me.

Lena sauntered into the living room with a big plate of cookies in her hand. She got to where Darian and Jay were seated and smiled.

"I got you cookies, a lot of them." She told Darian, her eyes flicking to Jay. "You can join in too." Jay waved his head in refusal, Lena shrugged, looking back at her husband.

"Why are you feeding me so much? I am not sick, Lena."

"Darian, the Doctor said that you lost a lot of blood, you have to eat a lot to gain back the blood you lost. Oh my gosh, you are so lean." She said, shoving the cookies into his mouth. He received it, biting her fingers. She winced, glaring at him. "Why would you bite me?" She asked.

"I didn't bite you," Darian smiled slyly, turning to Jay, he said. "I will talk to you later, my distraction is here."

With a small smile on Jay's lips, he bowed to them and left them alone to have their couples' moment.

"Your distraction?" Lena smiled. "Do I distract you?" She asked, the answer obvious from how he flirtatiously stared at her.

"You do, Lena, so much, you do." He leaned forward to kiss her cheeks, his lips remained there for some seconds longer. He let go and heaved a sigh. "Thanks for all that you do, Lena. You've been right by my side."

"I told you that I would. I am your wife and I must take good care of you." She took his hand in hers and stroked lightly. "How is your arm? Does it still hurt?" He nodded in response, her smile faltering, she hated that he was in pain. "Does it hurt very much?" She looked at him.

"So much but having you right relieves me of the pain."

"I am glad I can help you with something, Darian." She leaned closer, placing her head on his chest as he rested his back on the arm of the couch. "I always wanted to help you with something, the mafia affairs, your job, or anything but I always don't know where and how to come in and I feel so bad that I can't even do anything for you." She felt his lips touching her hair, the effect sizzled her skin, drawing her to him.

They'd been married for a year, and he'd had that effect on her, but it got fresher each day and she just knew that there was no way she could ever stop loving this man. He filled her mind, head and all of her, he was her life, and everything about her revolved around him, she had fallen completely in love with Darian.

"You do so much for me, Lena. Being my wife and staying with me at every moment of my life is enough for me." He ran his fingers through her hair.

"Darian?" She called, sitting straight.

He quirked his brows, his eyes on her. She bit her lips nervously, shaking her head.

She had a lot of questions to ask him, he had never told her he loved her even when he did things to make her know that he did, he had never said the words out and sometimes, she wished he could, she needed him to say the words too.

"You good?" He asked when she didn't say a word to her. "Anything on your mind?"

"No, you know I like your name. I wasn't planning on asking a question from you." She said, rolling her tongue out at him. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Now, eat your cookies!" She commanded.

"Feed me," he whined like a child.

Lena wriggled her finger in front of him, her hand poking his chest. "No,"

"Why not?" He asked, disgruntled.

"I don't want you to bite me the second time." She said sharply.

"I won't, I promise." Lena believed him, she shoved the cookies into his mouth, and he chewed gently, nodding his head in satisfaction. "Come here," he grabbed her hand, pulling her closer. She was leaning so close, her chest on his, their eyes not splitting away from each other. Darian touched her chin, kneading it and smiling. She looked at him, and without prior notice, she crashed her lips on his, kissing him slowly and affectionately.

Pouring out their emotions into the kiss as their lips moved very slowly in sync. Lena wanted to wallow in his warmth forever, she was hundred per cent sure that no one could have lips that tasted as good as Darian's.

Darian thought about them, himself and his wife. How far they've been through together and how they always had each other at the end of it all. She was like his home, a place she could always find peace, hope and most importantly, love whenever he needed it.

He wanted to tell her about his mother, about Thelma and every other secret he'd been keeping away from her, but he couldn't do that, it would shatter her. The one about Thelma would soon be over, he would make sure of that and about his mother, he was going to see her soon. And maybe he would let Lena know after he'd seen her.

They broke the kiss and she stared away from him. He tilted her chin back to his side.

"Are you shy?" He asked teasingly.

"No, I am not. You should eat your cookies, I made them all for you."

"Thank you." He didn't let go of her, stroking, kneading and playing with her fingers was now his new hobby.

Faithy💓