Chapter 32

After chasing Nergigante, Y/N, and Laxus regrouped with Ultear and Meredy who treated their injuries.

Y/N: What are you doing here anyway?

Laxus: Guess you can say that I'm taking some time to collect my thoughts after what happened.

Y/N: What? Did you get kicked out by Gramps?

Laxus didn't say anything as he looked away causing Y/N to snicker slightly.

Y/N: Guess that attitude finally caught up to you huh?

Laxus: Shut up.

Ultear: We should be lucky that he decided to leave after what you two did.

Meredy: Yeah. Honestly, I was scared that he was going to kill us.

Y/N: No kidding. If you didn't show up when you did Laxus, all of us would've been dead.

Laxus: Don't worry about it. Said looking at them. Though, how did it even know where to find us?

Ultear: I'm not sure. Perhaps it was pure luck that he found us. Though given that he is an Elder Dragon, he could've tracked us down by scent.

Y/N: Possibly. Though, I feel like he had some ulterior motive for attacking us.

Laxus: What do you mean?

Y/N: I'm not sure. Guess you can call it a feeling that I had when we were fighting him.

Meredy: So...he wasn't going to kill us?

Y/N: Maybe maybe not. Whatever his reason was for attacking us, it might've been a personal reason or something.

Laxus: So he attacked us for some ulterior motive? I kind of find that hard to believe.

Ultear: Agreed. Though, I doubt we'll know what his real intentions were anytime soon.

Meredy: Yeah.

Y/N: What are you planning on doing now Laxus? Judging from what you have with you, are you doing some kind of exploration or something?

Laxus: You can say that.

Ultear: Would you care to join us on our mission? We could use your help.

Laxus: You want me to join you three? Y/N is strong enough to help you out with that.

Y/N: I could. Though I'm not back at 100% yet.

Laxus: You're not? Said rather confused. Why's that?

Y/N: It's a long story.

Laxus remained silent for a moment before grabbing his bag and starting to leave.

Laxus: Sorry but I got something else to do.

Meredy: W-Wait.

However, Laxus vanished with his next step leaving the three of them behind.

Ultear: I thought he would be willing to join us.

Y/N: That's just how he is. I'm sure Laxus has his reason. He never was a people person for as long as I've known him.

Meredy: I see. Though are you doing ok? I mean that fight was rather intense.

Y/N: I'm alive so there's that. Though that fight was the most intense one I've had yet.