Chapter 20

Shuune was extremely curious about this as she wanted to talk more about this at her home. As such, she, Nock, and Mae went back to her home and sat in the living room with the crystal sitting on the table.

Shuune: What do you mean by Nergigante being more of a tracker?

Nock: It's how he's been moving around. He's been following the pink glow of the pits as if something was drawing him in. No matter where the pit is, he is always that not far behind.

Shuune was rather intrigued by this as this caused her curiosity to grow even more.

Mae: Nergigante? Sorry, but who is that?

Shuune: Nergigante is an Elder Dragon with a bristly appearance. It is covered in spikes that constantly regrow as they're broken off. It has two massive horns similar to a bull. Its hide is primarily black with purple and orange accents. Not to mention it's constantly regenerating its skin as it attacks and is struck by any attackers.

Nock: When it comes to a fight, Nergigante is a tough foe to beat! Those thorns of his can harden like steel, leaving some nasty wounds that won't ever heal! If you see him coming, you better start running! It's best to live to see another day, than not live to see tomorrow, yo!

Mae: Is he the only Elder Dragon out there in the world?

Shuune: For as far as we know, yes. However, I have a feeling that there are other ones out there. Some of which I fear can be just as strong as Nergigante if not stronger.

Mae: S-Seriously. Said rather scared. Don't you think that's a bit crazy?

Shuune: A bit but when it comes to mother nature, she has a lot of secrets that she will keep hidden until the time is right.

She placed her hand on her chin as she thought for a moment.

Shuune: Still, why would Nergigate be following the pits and the pink glow? There are a lot more questions with no answers. Even right now, we barely have any clues to anything about him or what's causing the pits and pink glow.

Mae: Do you have any idea what's causing them?

Shuune: No idea. These pits have only begun to show up about four years ago.

Mae: I see.

Nock: Whatever is causing these pits, surely is a throwing a nasty fit.

Shuune: Is there anything else that you can tell us? Anything that might be useful?

Nock: Unfortunatly, that's all I got to offer. With what I was able to find, won't be enough to shine a light on the dime. Though there is something this hybrid wants to ask.

Shuune: What is it?

Nock: A mage who is a powerful and a dangerous one. Not knowing how to hold back is what he does best. Man goes by the name of Gildarts who I saw fighting against a savage monster known as the Devilijho.

Shuune: Gildarts, huh. Tell me do you know where he is?

Nock: I do and am waiting to hear an answer from you, Motha. He has a lot of questions as he is a guy who is friendly as can be. Just his presence alone gives off a calm and peaceful vibe. Like a river flowing through a beautiful forest.

Shuune: I see.

She thought about it for a moment before deciding on her answer.

Shuune: Alright. You can bring him here. Also, ask him if he knows a Zinogre hybrid.