Chapter 4

It was another day in the town of Magnolia as Y/N was relaxing in the guildhall with everyone going about their day. Given it's been a rather long time since Y/n had some time off, he decided to take it easy for the next few days. While he was reclining in one of the chairs, Levy walked up to him.

Levy: Hey Y/N, do you got a minute?

Y/N: Hmm? Said looking at her. Rather odd for you to be asking me something. Where are Jet and Droy?

Levy: Oh they're picking out a job right now. The thing I want to ask you is about this.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a scale that caught his attention.

Levy: We found this out on one of our recent missions. Seeing how you take on a lot of monster missions, I thought you can tell me what this is or have ever seen anything like this.

Y/N took the scale from her as he looked at it rather closely. For a moment he simply stared at it lost in deep thought. Jet and Droy picked out a quest as they walked over to where Levy was.

Jet: Yo Levy, we picked out a quest and we're ready to go.

Levy: What quest did you pick out?

Droy: Apparently the client wants some help deciphering some old texts found in some accident ruin.

Levy: I see. Sounds like it'll be easy money.

Jet: Oh yeah! Plus, the more of the text we can help them decipher, the more money we get in return.

Droy: We'll be set for a while.

Levy: Awesome!!

Y/N continued to stare at the scale rather intensely. The scale had a goldish-blue color to it and felt rather durable. His nails sharpened on his other hand as he decided to slash it which startled Levy, Jet, and Droy.

Jet: Yo the heck Y/N!

Droy: What are you doing?!

Y/N didn't say anything as he saw that the scale was damaged a bit. He looked at it for a few moments before breaking off a part of it as he handed the rest to Levy.

Y/N: If you see a monster with this kind of scale, just run.

Levy: Run?

Jet: Why do we have to do that?

Droy: We can handle it.

Y/N: No you can't. Said as he looked at them. You're nowhere strong enough to beat it. Just run unless you want to end up as its next meal.

They were all shocked by this as they were rather nervous. Y/N got up from his seat and walked past them.

Y/N: Just take my advice seriously. If you don't you'll wind up dead.

They watched him leave rather confused by this.

Jet: Man, that dude can be scary sometimes.

Droy: No kidding. Though he seems to be rather serious with what he said.

Jet: Yeah. I can hardly tell what he is thinking most of the time with how he acts.

Levy watched him leave the guildhall rather confused by the way he acted.

Levy 'thought': I have never seen him act like this way before. Does he know what kind of monster the scale belongs to?

Y/N left the guild as he went to clear his mind by walking around the town. He walked around the town for roughly the whole day not really caring about how long he walked. As he approached the park, he saw Natsu and Happy arguing about something with Lisanna.