Chapter 31

The two of them roared at each other before blitzing toward each other. Once they clashed, a massive gust of wind occurred with lightning raining down all around. Ultear and Meredy braced themselves from the winds as they skidded back a bit.

Meredy: This is just insane!! Is he really going to fight Nergigante?!

Ultear: It looks like he doesn't have a choice!!

Y/N cocked his left arm back before slashing at Nergignte but he barely hit him. Nergigante snickered before quickly grabbing one of Y/N's horns and flung him toward a large boulder. He created a large spear from one of his spikes before hurling it toward where Y/N was. Quick to react, Y/N managed to avoid it counter with an attack of his own blitzing towards him.

Y/N: Thundering Hammer kick!!!

Y/N front flipped in the air before throwing his right foot forward surging with electricity. Nergigante blocked his attack by crossing his arms in front of him skidding back a few feet upon contact.

Nergigante: Hehehehe not bad runt!! Smirking with excitement. But it's still not enough to hurt me!!!!

He grabbed Y/N's leg before slamming him down on the ground face-first. Upon impact, the ground shattered as Y/N coughed up blood. Ngerigante grabbed his head slamming it back into the ground before slamming him into a wall nearby and flying alongside it while keeping Y/N's face on it.

Nergigante: Come on and show me more of that power you used on that damn ape!! Show me exactly how strong your pathetic lightning is!!!

He threw Y/N into the air chasing after him. Y/N flipped in the air ready to attack. However, before he could launch his own attack, Nergignte appeared behind him and slammed his arms down on him, hurling him toward the ground. After doing this, Nergigante launched a volley of spikes toward him striking all around the spot where Y/N was and the surrounding areas. Ultear deflected some of the spikes using her Time Magic to shield her and Merey. Nergigante's attack lasted for several long moments before it stopped as the two of them looked to where Y/N was.

Ultear: Y/N!!!

There was a dust cloud where he impacted the ground as it slowly started to settle. After a few seconds, it revealed Y/N still standing as he shielded himself from the spikes with a few of them impaling his body. He let a loud shot as the spikes shot from his boy, his wounds quickly healing.

Meredy: He's alive!

Ultear: Yeah. Though I feel like he still hasn't mastered that new power of his.

Meredy: What do you mean?

Ultear: Take a closer look at him. His appearance is how it was before he unleashed that new power of his.

Meredy looked closer at Y/N seeing that both of his horns were the same size with his scales and fur back to the original colors of a Zinogre.

Meredy: Did he use all that power with that one attack?

Ultear: No. I think it's due to the amount of magic required to use that form. Given that all his injuries are healed, he must've used what power he had left in it to heal his injuries.

Meredy: So, he'll be at a disadvantage?

Ultear: Yes.

Y/N fell to one knee breathing rather heavily while feeling utterly drained.

Y/N 'thought': Damn it, guess I can't maintain that form for long. At most I can maintain it for a couple of minutes at most. I'm gonna need to figure out how to stay in that form for longer periods of time.