Chapter 18

Kolzar quickly arrived back at the village bringing him to Shuun'es home. Needless to say, she was utterly shocked to see Y/N's condition. Even more so upon seeing the state his lacrima of his was in which was life-threatening. As such, she made Kolzar and other hybrids get as many medicinal herbs as they can find along with finding other things she needed. Shuune did everything she could to heal his injuries along with trying to fix the lacrima that was inside of him. However, when she tried to fic it, she soon realized the full extent of the condition his lacrima was in. She cursed herself seeing this as his life was hanging by a thread or in his case, by a miracle that the lacrima was still together despite having cracks all over it. 

Several days went by as Shuune focused all her attention on Y/N's condition making sure that he wouldn't die. Kolzar checked on Mae and Krucks whenever he could since he had to monitor the surrounding areas in case of any unnecessary attention or intruders came. Shuune had her assistant, Vuece Stamut a Lagiacrys Hybrid, watch over them and monitor their health. 

After a full week went by, Mae slowly opened her eyes, finding herself in an unfamiliar place. Her vision was rather blurry as she couldn't fully see anything.

???: Oh you're finally awake.

She looked to her left seeing someone sitting next to her bed but couldn't figure out. Slowly, her vision clear up as she saw it was a hybrid sitting beside her smiling.

???: How are you feeling?

Mae: Y-You're a hybrid. Said utterly shocked.

???: That's right. I'm a Lagiacrus hybrid to be exact. My name is Vuece Stamut.

Mae was still shocked by this but quickly remember what happened.

Mae: Where's Y/N!?!? Is he alright?!?!

She quickly sat up only to feel a sharp pain causing her to grunt in pain.

Vuece: Hey take it easy. Said rather concerned. You still need time to recover after what you went through.

Mae: Do you know where he is? Said looking at her.

Vuece: If you're talking about the Zingore hybrid, he's fine. Mother is taking care of him.

Mae: Mother? Said rather confused.

???: I see you're finally up. That's good.

Both of them looked to where the voice came from as they saw a woman wearing a doctor's attire walking in. Vuece was happy to see her as she smiled.

Vuece: Yeah but she's still in pain though.

???: That is to be expected after fighting a Devilihjo.

Mae: W-Who are you?

Shuune: My name is Shuune Chozunsom. Said smiling.

She walked over to her bed, handing her some pills.

Shuune: Here, take these. They should help get rid of the pain.

Mae was hesitant as she didn't know if she should or not.

Vuece: Don't worry. Mother is a doctor and knows how to take care of us.

Mae: Really?

Shuune: I am. Of course, I'm sure you have a lot of questions about this place.

Mae looked at her for a moment before taking the pills. Shuune gave her a glass of water which she drank as the pain slowly vanished. Bunni got up from her seat as Shuune took her spot.