Chapter 16

After leaving Magnolia, Y/N, Mae, and Kruck traveled across the land heading towards Verdant Hills. For most of their travels, Mae and Krucks argued every time something happened even if it was something so little. Y/N ignored them for the most part as he is more focused on what Lucy said trying to figure out the connection between Rathalos and the pink light. He thought of several possibilities that might be correct but at the same time, they were mere guesses with very little evidence. While they traveled. Whenever they had to go into town, either Y/N or Mae had to go into town to gather supplies as they would rotate each town they visited.

Right now they were, relaxing at their campsite as Mae was cooking dinner as Krocks was laying by the campfire with his arms behind his head.

Kruck: Why can't I ever go into town when we need supplies?

Mae: Because you'll want to fight anyone who appears to be strong and wreck the whole damn place.

Kruck: So what!!! I need to fight against someone to prove that I'm the strongest Tigrex ever!!!! Shouting at her.

Mae's eye twitched in annoyance as she trapped him in a water bubble quickly silencing him.

Mae: I think you need to learn to keep that mouth shut. Said rather annoyed.

Kruck tried to shout but it was muffled by the water. Mae had a smirk on her face as she continued to cook dinner. As for Y/N, he was standing on a wide-open plain feeling the breeze brush against his face. He remained where he was as he looked at his hand lost in his thoughts.

Y/N: I need to get stronger so I'm ready for whatever hybrid or monster. Though...is it possible to change between my regular Zinogre state with my Stygian form?

The idea of changing between his two forms was something that he thought about in the past. While he was being experimented on, he overheard that some key subjects were taken to do some extremely painful tests which he had a few speculations on. However, during his time with Fairy Tail, and over the two years when he was expelled, he hear there have been other forms of Zinogres, Rathalos, and other species. He clenched his fist as he turned back to camp. When he arrived, he saw Krucks practically dead in a water sphere as Mae was humming a tune while mixing the stew.

Y/N: I think you killed him, Mae.

Mae: Hmmm? Said looking at him. What do you mean?

Y/N pointed to the water sphere seeing Krucks practically dead.

Mae: Oh. I had to silence him for being annoying.

She tapped the water sphere with her tail as it vanished with Krucks falling to the ground. Y/N slammed his tail on Kruck's stomach as he spat out water that was within him. He snapped his fingers casting some lightning on him which woke him up instantly jumping to his feet.

Kruck: WHO WANTS TO FIGHT!!!! I'LL CLOBBER ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TAKE FIGHT ME!!!!

Y/N slammed his fist down on his head as he had a blank expression.

Y/N: Shut it, Kruck. I don't want to hear your loudmouth right now.

His body twitched as he was in pain from a rather nasty bruise on his head. Mae put some of the stew into bowls as she handed one to Y/N. He took it as he sat down near the fire as Mae got one for her and Kruck, who slowly sat up after getting whacked by Y/N. The three of them sat around the fire eating their food.

Mae: You know, some of the rumors I've been hearing from the towns have gotten my attention.

Y/N: That so?