Chapter 19

Mae and Kruck were shocked by what Shuune said if the Lacrima inside of Y/N is shattered he dies.

Mae: D-Dies?

Kruck: N-No way. That's a joke right?

Shuune: No it's not. If his lacrima is shattered, he will die. That is a cold hard fact.

Mae felt a sharp pain in her chest as she had to lean against the wall. Kruck was furious as he was about to slug her but Kolzar appeared placing his blade wing near his throat with a death look.

Kolzar: You try anything and I'll slice your throat.

Kruck: Why you little. Said in anger.

Shuune: Kolzar, enough!!

Kolzar kept his blade close to Kruck's throat as he slowly lowered it. He walked over to Shuune while glaring at Kruck who was doing the same to him.

Mae: Wh-What do you mean precisely if the lacrima shatters he dies.

Shuune: I should start at the beginning. However, let's talk somewhere else. Said as she looked at Y/N. It would be best to leave him here.

Mae wanted to stay but seeing how Y/N is, she felt utterly sick and concerned. Shuune helped her leave the room with Kruck and Kolzar following with Jolzar sealing the door behind them. They walked back up the stairs and into a lounge room sitting down on the couches. Mae looked down at the floor while Kruck had his arms folded with an annoyed look as Shuune sighed before speaking.

Shuune: Before I start telling you about what's happening to him, where were you two from? Where was your hometown located and what was the scenery like?

Mae: W-Well, I remember my town being near a lake but I can't member anything else. Since it was razed to the ground.

Kruck: I don't remember mine.

Shuune: I see.

Mae: Why do you want to know that? Said looking at her. Does it matter?

Shuune: Well, it depends on the monster lacrima you were infused with.

Kruck: Huh? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Kolzar: Some of the research Mother did may believe that the location that your towns were from might be related to the monster appearance you have.

Mae: Meaning what exactly?

Shuune: From what I can guess from all my research and analysis, the closest conclusion or answer I can come up with is that children that live in similar environments to a particular monster have a better chance of adapting to the lacrima. Though another one would be the magical aptitude you possess might be fruitful as well. For example, Kolzar here is rather capable of using Dark Magic which gives him an advantage in various ways. As such the Nargacuga is a nocturnal predator so with Kolzar being able to use Dark Magic, his body adapted to the Nargacuga lacrima inside of him.

Mae: W-Wait. So you mean that depending on our magical powers, depending on the monster that we are infused with.

Shuune: In a way, yes. Judging from what I can tell from your magic power and the results when I treated your injuries, your bodies have adapted your perspective lacrima rather well.

Kruck: What do you mean?

Shuune: You're a Tigrex Hybrid so your Earth Magic is on a higher level than an average person but lower than a Diablos Hybrid. As for you Mae, your magic power is certain at a remarkable level which places you in the upper percentage of Water Mages. With the addition of the Mizustune lacrima, your power can reach even higher levels.