Dolly and Loki's very first date

Dolly giggled at the wide eyed expression of her fathers and mother.
Nat sat back and smiled, "Oh wow! Twins!"
Steve held the sonogram, "I can't tell which is which."
Bucky chuckled, "Nat and I will give you anatomy lessons later, but for now..."
Steve turned beat red as Bucky pointed, "This is baby girl and that's baby boy."
Dolly shook her head, "I hope Loki and I are still as in love as you 3 after 20 some odd years."
Bucky sat next to his daughter and kissed her temple, "Doll one thing I know is that Loki is every bit as in love with you as you have been with him."
----------------------------------------
FLASHBACK

"Loki..." Bucky sighed, "I don't ask this lightly, but I need a huge favor."
Loki looked up from his book curious, "How can I be of help?"
Bucky sat across from him, "It's for Dolly... See she had a date for tonight and well her date... I don't know the whole story; something about him using her to get close to the team-"
Loki stood and pulled a dagger, "No need to ask twice I shall end him for you and Dolly will never know."
Bucky smiled, "No... I mean I appreciate the willingness, but on that front front you'll have to get in line behind everyone else; ah what I wanted to ask was can you take her?"
Loki's eyes widened. Dolly was 17 and had blossomed from the cute bright eyed child he first met to a stunningly beautiful young woman and Loki had to keep reminding himself that she was merely a friend, "Sargent... I-"
Bucky sighed, "I am not sure what type of father this makes me. I know any of the team would step up and fill in, but it wouldn't be the date she deserves."
Loki paused, "What is so important about tonight?"
Bucky sighed, "It's her senior prom... Kind of like a big ball."
Loki smiled, "I understand."
Bucky sat back, "She's trying to be brave and said she'd go ahead and go alone..."
Loki blushed, "What time should I be ready and what color is her dress?"
Bucky smiled, "8pm and her dress is blue 👗."
----------------------------------------
Later Dolly put on a brave face. Screw Daniel. She'd go to prom by herself and have a wonderful night. Dinner at a fancy place in a fancy dress alone? Why not? Showing up to a dance solo just meant she could dance with who ever she pleased.
Underneath her self confidence was that nagging self doubt. The tiny voice that reminded her she wasn't a slim waisted waife; that people were only her friend because of who her family was.
Dolly fidgeted with the emerald charm Loki had given her as a little girl and tried to push the tiny voice down.
"I'll be back late so don't wait up!" She called back to her parents.
Opening the door she looked up to see Loki stepping off the elevator.

"Am I late?" He asked.
Dolly swallowed, "I don't know... Loki what are you doing here?"
Loki tried not to stare, "I had hoped to see if you could do me the honor of your company tonight."
Dolly blushed, "Oh...ah I sorta had plans... Actually... You're dressed perfectly for it... Would be interested in being my date for prom?"
Loki smiled, "I am not sure what a prom is, but with a stunningly beautiful woman like you on my arm how could I say no."
----------------------------------------
Loki took Dolly to a small private restaurant where they talked all through the meal learning about each other beyond the friendship they had.
At the dance Dolly was the envy of every girl [and some guys] who saw who her date was.
Daniel tried to weasel his way over to Dolly, but was prevented from getting close to the couple by Dolly's "security", "I'm sorry... You don't have clearance to speak with Lady Dolly."
Daniel looked up to see Thor in front of him, "But she's my date! Supposed to be..."
Thor looked over, "It appears the lady is here with another... Better luck next time."
Daniel tried to call Dolly's name, but Thor only sighed and turned him around and walked him out.
Loki smirked observing the scene then turned all his attention back to Dolly, "So... Which one of my parents set you up to be my date?"
Loki blinked at Dolly who had the saddest smile, "It's ok... I know they meant well..."
Loki's heart broke, "Dolly sæta... No one set me up. I won't lie. Sargent Barnes did tell me you had no companion or escort for the evening."
Dolly blinked tears away, "Of course it was dad... Loki-"
Loki cut her off with the softest most gentlest kiss she'd ever received, "Dolly Barnes... I am here because tonight there is no place I would rather be. Will you do me the honor of a dance with the most beautiful woman here?"
Dolly blushed and tried to joke, "Sure, but Miss Ryder's girlfriend might get jealous."
Loki took her had, "Miss Ryder's girlfriend can keep her; she can't hold a candle to your beauty."
Dolly blushed and took his hand, "Oh... My didi you are smooth. The ladies on Asgard must melt when they see you."
Loki blushed and began to dance, "Maybe one day I'll show you Asgard, but your fathers would have to be prepared for the men to flood your dance card. You're a beautiful gem they would seek to claim."
Dolly rested her head on his shoulder, "Maybe that is what I should do. Bet no one there would pretend to want to be friends just to get to know my family."
Loki closed his eyes, "They are fools."
Dolly looked up, "Thank you for tonight." She kissed his cheek, "I... I had a wonderful time."
Loki wanted to feel the press of his lips to hers again but held back, "It was my honor."
Returning to the tower Loki left her at her door, "Good night my little Midgardian."
Dolly chuckled, "Good night my didi."
----------------------------------------
PRESENT

Dolly smiled remembering that night, "If I could go back in time I'd tell younger me to make a move."
Everyone laughed[everyone but Bucky]. Bucky cringed, "God no."