Chapter 28 - Things are getting heated

Raven's POV

Sadly we didn't find anything interesting in the maze today. Section seven was closed and everything seemed the same just as always.

I ran alone today and got back in the Glade on time, just like Minho and Thomas. A lot of the other runners had stopped running, except for a few including me, Minho and Thomas.

'Hey, guys.' I joined Newt, Thomas, Teresa, Chuck and Minho their table.

'Hey.' They greeted me.

'Find anything?' I asked Thomas and Minho.

'No.' They both shaked their head. 'What about you?' Thomas asked.

'Also nothing.'

We all continued eating and didn't say very much. I looked over at Teresa who was also eating. She didn't talk a lot and if she did it was mostly to Thomas, but I liked her. She seemed like a nice girl. Then I thought about the note that came with her when she was in the Box.

How are we gonna last without the Box coming up? I wondered. It's already been a few days. I had noticed that Frypan didn't make very extended meals any more, and the portions were smaller then before. I didn't really mind those things, I'd rather give all my food to the others then eat a lot of it myself, but I knew Newt would never accept that. He would probably not even care what the reason was.

I have to get Newt out of here. And Chuck. I have to get everyone out of here. I don't care what it costs, they deserve to be free.

Suddenly I heard a snap and saw a hand flash in front of my eyes.

'For god's sake, wake up.' Minho sighed when I finally looked up.

'What?' I asked confused, not knowing what he meant.

'You were just staring at the table,' Minho said. 'Crazy.' He mumbled.

'It's a nice table.' I said sarcastically.

'Yeah, sure it is.' Minho got up with his empty plate. 'See ya.'

I looked back at my plate and saw that it was still completely full with food. Chuck was also looking at my plate. He's still hungry.

'Here, you have it.' Shoved the plate to him.

'Thanks!' He started eating.

I heard someone clear their throat so I looked beside me. Newt was looking at me and raised his eyebrows. I ignored it and got up.

'I'm gonna head off to bed.' I yawned. 'Night.'

~

A/n: listen to this song while reading! Makes it so much better, trust me! (I don't know if you can turn it on here and then continue reading, so if you can't you can put the song on, on Spotify/YouTube).

'Hey, love.' I was standing in my lingeries when Newt suddenly came in the room. 'Oh, sorry.' He quickly covered his eyes with his hand and wanted to close the door again, but I stopped him.

'It's alright, you can come in.'

'You sure?'

'Yeah.'

Newt walked in the room again and sat down on his bed.

'Are you okay?' He suddenly asked while fidgeting with his hands.