Chapter 1 - 'It's a girl'

A/N: This is the first chapter of this book and I'm very excited, I hope you enjoy it!

~

I woke up. Raven, Raven Raven... I heard it over and over again. It throbbed in my head, tickling something in the back of it, as if I was trying to focus on something.

Soon I realized I wasn't waking up from a nap like a normal person, with a pillow and a blanket. All I felt was a hard ground under me. I couldn't exactly tell where I was, it was too dark, and cold. It made me shiver uncontrollably, and my breathing quicker.

After a while, my eyes finally got used to the darkness and I could take a look around. Some boxes filled with fruits and other food surrounded me. There were metal walls around me too, like I was in some kind of elevator, same size too. There wasn't much else to see, and that bothered me the most.

How long have I been in this... cage? Am I ever gonna get out? I had so many questions. It left me panicking. The way it rose in my chest felt so familiar, it tingled somewhere in my brain, yet I couldn't tell what it was.

I have to calm down, I thought to myself. This isn't gonna bring me anywhere. I tried to slow down my breathing, which didn't seem to work. My eyes closed, and I took more gasps of air, but my mind never relaxed. Why can't I remember anything? More questions flew into my it again.

When my eyes open, my vision was blurred. I had no idea what to do. Suddenly, it felt like the cage started to go up. My breathing was still going too fast as I saw something above me opening. Daylight blinded my eyes.

I saw a blue sky, but that was the last thing I saw. My vision turned black from the hyperventilating.

Newt's POV

We were standing around the Box, waiting for the Greenie to come up, just like the last few months, well, years. The familiar alarm went off, which meant the Box was there.

All the boys tried to get a peek from the Greenie as Alby helped me open it, then I jumped in.

I expected a scared boy sitting there, almost klunking his pants. But my expectation didn't seem to happen. Someone was lying in the box, and that someone seemed to be a bloody girl.

Well, I thought it was a girl. From the look of the dark hair that hung a few inches over her shoulders, and her female curves.

I was too shocked to move until I heard someone shouting, "What do you see over there, Newt?"

"I think..." I didn't know what to say. We never got a girl before! It left me worried and nervous.. it felt like something was changing.

"It's a girl." I finally replied, almost stuttering from shock.

The boys mumbled some things in not the happiest tone. It gave me a dark feeling too, but at least they weren't claiming her or something.

Slowly I pushed her hair aside so I could see her face. I was now sure it was a girl. She was pretty, I had to admit. Her lips were plump, she had a few freckles, and her skin was clear as crystal. But she was so... pale?

I don't think she's supposed to be that pale. Is she dead? I moved my head to listen if she was breathing. Luckily she was. A sigh of relief left my mouth.

Later, Alby helped me get her out of the box. I lifted her lightweight body up, and he pulled us out of there. She was small in my arms, and very tiny compared to any of our heights. That already gave me the thought of how she was supposed to survive that easily, between all those teenage boys.

The other boys seemed kinda shocked. I didn't blame them, they hadn't seen a girl in at least a year. Maybe even more? They all stared at her with wide eyes, and a few more mumbles got shared.

The Med-jacks said we should take her to the Homestead. On the second floor of the Homestead was the 'hospital room' where the Mee-jacks worked. There were two beds in there, so we could lie her down.

Jeff announced she would probably wake up soon, and according to her symptoms, she had a panic attack.

After we put the girl in one of the beds we decided that we couldn't do anything else today and that we should go to sleep. She came up late anyways.

I still thought it was a little weird to have all these boys waking up in the Box, and now we had a girl.

Though I let go of that thought soon and went to my room, which was on the same floor as the hospital room.

Me and Alby were the only ones with our own room, that's because he was the leader, and I was the Second-in-command.

I personally thought it was quite unfair that we got our own room and the others had to sleep downstairs... or even outside. But it wasn't my decision and I was grateful to even have a bed.

Raven's POV

I woke up. Only darkness was around me again. Oh no, am I still in the strange room? I took a fast look around and realized I was in a different room.

I was in a bed now. How can I remember what a bed is, but not remember in one?

I wanted to know where I was, so I got up and walked towards the door. It was dark, but I could still see a little. I opened the door and tried not to make any noise.

When I got out of the room I looked around me. I saw a few more doors and stairs going downstairs. I walked, still trying to be as quiet as possible, to the stairs.

I went down the stairs. I opened the door. I looked around again, seeing all those boys sleeping. I felt weird standing there watching them so I opened another door.

I was outside. I saw a big field, with here and there some trees and other plants. Then I saw something strange. Four big walls were around me, covered in ivy.

I was curious so I started walking around. It was still dark, but I could see just enough to see what was around me. I saw the big wooden building where I just came out, something that looked like gardens, a smaller building and a kind of forest.

I walked around for a little more. I had so many questions. I didn't realize I was outside that long until the sun seemed to come up.

Suddenly I heard a loud noise. I turned around and my eyes widened. The walls... they were moving. How can stone, that big and heavy, possibly move?

I wanted to see more so walked toward the wall. It opened like some kind of door.

I went in.

~

A/n: I just finished my first chapter! I'm really happy! It was harder than I expected to write in Enlish, but I think I did alright.

How did y'all like it so far?