Chapter 19 - Kiss

'Yeah it's getting better, the wound is almost healed.' I said to Newt the next morning. Frypan had just gave us our food and we were walking to a table. There weren't much people up yet, just me, Alby, Frypan, Newt and the Runners.
'I hope I'll be able to run tomorrow.' Me and Newt joined Minho.

'Yeah you might, but then you'll need to have a little training before. Maybe I can give it to you today, if you feel good?' Minho asked.

'I think I'll be able to do that. Let's ask Alby.' We got up and walked to Alby, who was talking to Frypan.

'Hey Alby, is it okay if I give Raven a training today to see if she can run tomorrow? We'll be careful and if Raven is able to run in the maze she'll be with me the first days.'

'Yeah, I think that's alright. Be careful.' Alby turned to Frypan and continued the conversation they had earlier.

'Yes!' I said when I got back to Newt. 'I will probably run tomorrow!'

'Really? Great, but be careful.' Newt said.

'Yes, I will.' I smiled. After we all finished breakfast Minho started the training. He said he wouldn't let me do very hard things, because he 'respects' me.
He let me do some jumping-jacks, push-ups, and sit-up's to warm up. It was hard but I could do it.

Minho then let me run rounds around the Glade.

As I ran I felt the wind blowing in my face.
I was thinking about some things while running, mostly Newt. I liked him,
really liked-liked him.

Do I have a crush on him? No! I can't have a crush on someone while we're in a shucking maze! But I do like him in that way...

I ran a few more rounds around the Glade and basically did all these kind of things the whole day.

'Your timing is great. I think you can run tomorrow.' Minho looked up from his watch. 'But you'll have to run with me tomorrow. I'll tell Alby. See you at dinner!' Minho walked away.

I walked to the kitchen to get some food. Frypan had made us some chicken and potatoes for dinner.

'Thanks, Fry.' I smiled at him as he handed me my plate with food. I turned around and saw Newt already sitting at a table, so I joined him.

'Hey, how'd your training go?' He looked up when I sat down next to him.

'I can finally run again!'

Newt's expression seemed to turn worried for a slight second but then he smiled. 'Awesome!' He said.

'Yeah, but I need to run with Minho tomorrow.' I took a bite of my food.

'Alright.'

'Have you seen Chuck? I haven't seen him in days.' I looked at Newt.

'He's right there.' Newt pointed at someone and I turned around. Chuck was walking around the Glade. He looked at us and I made a movement with my hand, so he would come to us. He seemed to understand it because he started walking towards me.

'Hey, Raven!' He said cheerful.

'Hey Chuck, how you doing?' I asked.

'I'm good, what about you? Are you okay?' He smiled and sat down.

'I'm alright.' I chuckled.

'Good that.' He focused on his food.

We all continued eating and a few minutes later Minho joined us.

'Hey Shanks. Alby said you can start running again, Raven.' He looked at me.

'Amazing!' I said excited. I could finally do something useful instead of walking around the Glade the whole day.

'I've finished my food. I'm going for a small walk, I'll see you guys around.' I left and gave Frypan my empty plate.

I walked to the Deadheads. For some reason I liked the place, even though it was literally a graveyard. I sat down with my back against a big tree.

After a while I heard some branches crack and I looked up. I saw the familiar blonde hair.

'Hey.' Newt said as he sat down next to me.

'Oh, hey.'

'Sorry if I interrupted you.' He apologized.

'No! You didn't interrupt me.' I fidgeted with my hands not knowing what to say.

Newt sighed lightly and we silently sat next to each other. After a while Newt broke the silence.

'Please be careful tomorrow in the maze.' He said with a serious expression.

'Yeah, of course.' I replied.

'Are you sure you can do it? I mean if you are in pain or someth-.'

'It will be alright, Newt.' I chuckled.

Newt smiled and looked at me with his brown eyes. I felt my cheeks getting red as I made eye contact. Newt's eyes moved down to my lips real quick and then they met my eyes again. He repeated it one more time. Before I even realized what we were doing, I felt his lips on mine. I didn't hesitate and kissed him back. Newt grabbed my face with his hand as I had one of my hands in his hair. The kiss was sweet and passionate. After a few seconds we both pulled away. I saw that Newt's face was red and I felt mine was too.

I gave him a big smile and he got up. He held out his hand and I took it. We walked back to the other Gladers, but we let go of each other's hands before we arrived.

'So, what were you guys doing?' Minho smirked. He had obviously noticed something about us when we walked out of the Deadheads.

'Nothing.' I saw Newt getting red again.

'Mhm, sure.' Minho replied still smirking. 'I hope y'all had fun.' He laughed.