Chapter 31 - Good luck

Me and the other boys were running trough the maze, Minho and Thomas were in the front so they could lead the way.

My side hurt, but it was doable. Newt stayed close to me and he didn't let go of my hand.

After a while I saw the big red seven on the wall, and I knew we were close to the cliff. I squeezed Newt's hand and kept running.

Right before entering the cliff, Thomas stopped running. He moved his head to take a look at the cliff before entering.

'Is there a Griever?' Chuck asked a little scared.

'Yeah.' Thomas sighed and turned his head again.

'Shit.' A few boys mumbled.

'Take this, Chuck.' Minho handed Chuck the key. 'Stay behind us.'

'It's okay.' Teresa tied her hair up. 'Just stay with me.'

'We stay close. We stick together and we get trough this. We get out now, or we die trying.' Thomas said. 'Anyone wanna add something?'

'Be careful,' Minho started.

'Don't die.' I added.

Minho gave me a quick smile.

I felt Newt grab my hand again and he looked at me. 'You stay with Chuck and Teresa, okay?'

'But-.'

'No. Just stay with them, alright?'

'Fine.' I looked down.

'Raven.' Newt said and he got closer to me.

'Yeah?' I looked up again and his eyes met mine.

'Please be careful.' He said with a serious tone.

'Okay.' I said quietly and leaned in to hug him. 'I love you.' I whispered in his ear.

'I love you too.' Newt let go of me and kissed me.

'You guys done?' Minho had crossed his arms over each other.

'Yeah, yeah.' I gave him a glance.

'Good luck, Shortie.' Minho said before we entered the cliff.

'You too.' I gave him one last look and then the boys started running in.

Me, Teresa and Chuck followed.

All the boys ran towards the Grievers and attacked it with their poles. The Griever started fighting back and he threw a few boys of the cliff.

I focused on Newt and I held on to my dagger tighter, in case the Griever would do something to him.

Suddenly the Griever got closer to us and almost grabbed another boy, but Teresa hit it's leg. The Griever stumbled back, but it had hit Chuck what made the key fall.

Chuck quickly rushed over to it, but the key was already close to falling of the cliff. Chuck bend down and hung over the cliff.

Chuck was screaming now, another Griever was climbing towards him. I rushed over to him and grabbed his leg before he would fall. I pulled him back up and he had the key in his hand.

'Thanks.' He said.

When we turned around all of the boys were pushing the Griever off the cliff and they succeeded, but then two other Grievers climbed on top of the cliff.

Teresa motioned for us to follow her once she saw another Griever. The three of us started running towards the door and the boys attacked the two Grievers.

In front of us was a big stone door. Teresa and Chuck looked confused, but I grabbed the key and held it closer to the door. The light on the key turned green and the door started to go up.