Chapter 20 - The Doors

Me and Newt both walked to the Homestead to get some sleep.

'So, do you mind that I sleep in your room?' I asked Newt once we arrived.

'No, not at all actually.' He looked down and smiled a little.

'Okay. I'm gonna get ready.' I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth and put on my pyjama. I checked the wound in my back and saw it was getting better, it almost healed.

'Good night.' I said as I walked back into Newt's room and laid down.

'Night.' Newt was already under his sheets.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

~

'You ready?' I opened my eyes and saw Newt above me.

'Yeah, I'll be at breakfast in a minute.' Newt left and I got ready. I put on my Runner clothes and I made a ponytail in my hair.

~

'Hey, Raven. Ready for your first running day again?' Minho asked me when I sat down next to him.

'Yes!' I smiled.

'So,' Minho started while smirking.

'Nope, I'm not going to tell you.' I interrupted him.

'I didn't even ask something!' Minho threw his hands in the air.

'Yeah, but I know what you were going to ask.'

'Okay, then tell me.' Minho looked at me. 'What was I going to ask?'

I felt my cheeks heat up and I stayed silent.

Minho smiled and look at Newt and then at me. 'It's alright guys, I don't need an explanation.'

I heard Newt sigh. 'I finished eating.' I said changing the subject. 'Let's go, Minho. Bye, Newt!' I smiled at him and me and Minho walked away, heading to the doors.

'Alright, just follow me and do what you normally did.' Minho started running and I followed him trough the maze. We both cut off some ivy sometimes and we wrote some things down.

~

'Lunch time.' Minho stopped running and grabbed his backpack.

'Alright.' I sat down on the ground and grabbed my lunch.

'What's this with you and Newt?' Minho asked suspiciously.

'Nothing.' I lied.

'Mhm, I'm supposed to believe that?' Minho said.

'Minho, if you use your brain for once you would know.'

'Oh, but I already knew. I think I actually knew it before you guys did. I just wanted to make sure.'

'What did you know?'

'That y'all like each other, Shank!' Minho smirked.

'Whatever you say.' I sighed.

'I know I'm right.'

'Let's just run back now.' I saw that Minho finished his food and so did I.

'Okay then.' Minho got up.

~

We arrived back in the Glade before dinner so we had some time left. I said goodbye to Minho and headed to the gardens.

'Hey.' I put my hands on Newt's shoulders, who was planting some seeds.

'Oh hey.' Newt got up and wiped some sweet of his forehead. 'How was running?' He asked.

𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 ➀ - The Maze Runner, NewtOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara