Chapter 24 - The question

A/n: I don't know if this chapter is cringe or not, but I hope you enjoy :)

Raven's POV

When I went to get breakfast this morning I joined Thomas and Chuck. The two boys seemed to have become really good friends in less then a day.

I was still thinking about the memory. Why did Newt say that Thomas worked on the maze? But even if he did I still trust him. The creators who sent us up here weren't good people, so if Thomas helped building the maze he was most likely forced.

'Hey guys.' I said as I joined them.

'Hey.' The two boys greeted me.

'Ready to try some jobs?' I asked Thomas.

'Yeah.' He replied. 'So Raven, do you know if I can be a Runner?'

'A Runner?' I asked surprised.

'Yeah. You're a Runner, right?'

'True, but I mean, do you really wanna be one?

'Yes.' Thomas replied.

'I don't think you can be one.'

'Why not? Are you saying I'm not strong enough for that?' I didn't know if Thomas meant it sarcastically or not.

'I didn't say that!'

'How'd you become one?' Thomas raised his eyebrows.

'I almost had to beg Minho to give me a training, but I don't think he wants to give you one.'

'Why not?' Thomas asked confused.

'Because I have more impact on Minho.' I leaned closer to Thomas who was sitting on the other side of the table. 'You know, I'm just a little more attractive.' I said sarcastically.

Thomas let out a light chuckle, but he stopped when someone joined us. I looked next to me and saw Newt sitting down. His jaw was clenched and he putted his plate down so hard that I thought it might break.

I raised my eyebrows at Thomas and Chuck and they shrugged.

'Anyways I'm done, I'm going to the gardens.' I grabbed my plate and got up. 'See you in a minute, Newt.' I handed my plate to Frypan and headed to the gardens. A few minutes later Newt and Thomas joined us.

'Has anyone ever tried climbing to the top?' Thomas asked when we were working.

'Tried it. The ivy doesn't go all the way to the top.' Newt said. 'And besides, where do you wanna go from there?'

'And what about the Box? Next time it come up som-.'

'No, we tried that.' Newt interrupted Thomas. 'The box won't go back down with someone in it.'

'Well what if we-.'

'No we tried it, alright?' Newt interrupted him again. 'Twice. Alright trust me, anything you could think of we've already tried. The only way out is trough the maze.' Newt said, slightly annoyed.

'Now you wanna be helpful?' Newt grabbed a bucket. 'Here, go get some fertilizer.' He threw the bucket to Thomas who almost didn't catch it. Thomas walked towards the forest but almost tripped what made me and Zart chuckle lightly.

~

'Yeah, so I guess I-.' The conversation me and Newt were having got interrupted by some screams. I gave Newt a confused look and he grabbed his shovel. I looked at the forest and saw Thomas running out. When I got closer I saw that someone was following him. The person jumped on top of Thomas and I could see it was Ben.