Chapter 18 - 'I like you.'

I woke up and felt the sun in my face. I blinked a few times and noticed that Newt was not in his bed. I carefully got up so my back wouldn't hurt too much. I winced at the feeling but I managed to get dressed and even walk down stairs, to the kitchen.

'Hey Raven.' Frypan greeted me. 'How are you feeling?' He asked me slightly worried.

'I'm alright, thanks, Fry.' I smiled and he handed me some food. I noticed that everyone was doing their job, since no one was sitting at a table. I sat down at the table where me, Minho and Newt usually would sit.

I was eating my food when I heard someone join me.

'Hey.' It was Newt. He sat down next to me.

'Morning.'

'Noon.' Newt corrected me.

'Noon?! Did I sleep that long?' I asked surprised.

'Yeah, but don't worry. You needed too rest.' Newt smiled.

'How long was I out when, you know, I got out of the maze?'

'You were unconscious for the rest of the night and then you woke up when it was almost time for dinner, so I guess you were out for like a day.'

'Alright.' I sighed. 'What can I do today? I don't want to just sit here for the whole day.'

'I don't know. You can come with me today, we'll see what you are able to do.' Newt answered.

I nodded and ate my food. Newt helped me get up and we walked, very slow, to the gardens.

'I don't think you'll be able to work in the gardens. Maybe you just need to re-.' Newt couldn't finish his sentence because I already walked away to get some seeds.

'Raven!' Newt sped up his walking.

'I can do it.' I said and I bend down, but I immediately felt the burning pain in my back.

Newt grabbed my waist and pulled me back up. 'No, you need to rest.'

'But you said I could come with you today like five minutes ago!'

'I know.' Newt admitted. 'But you look tired.'

'I literally just slept till noon, I'm not tired.'

'Raven, please.' Newt's brown eyes met mine.

'Fine.' I walked back to the Homestead and got in my bed. It took a while, but I fell asleep.

~

The next days were all the same. A lot of sleeping, getting food and resting again. I felt horrible because I couldn't do anything useful, but I had to live with it. And even though I didn't want to rest, Newt would literally force me.

'Hey Raven. I'm gonna check your wound again.' I saw Jeff and nodded. I followed Jeff to the hospital room. Walking was less painful now, but I definitely couldn't run yet. I got on one of the beds and moved my shirt slightly up so Jeff could have a better look at the wound. He unwrapped the white cloth and threw it away.

'It looks a lot better. You'll maybe even be able to run again in a week, maybe a little longer.'

'Really? That's awesome!' I was relieved.

'You just gotta keep this cloth on and be careful.' Jeff grabbed a clean cloth and wrapped it around my waist again.

'Alright. Thanks, Jeff.' I smiled and went outside.