Chapter 27 - Section seven

It was already dark outside and me, Newt, Thomas and Teresa were standing around Alby's bed.

'Should we give it to him?' Teresa asked.

When she came up in the box she got two syringes filled with blue liquid. On the metal were the letter 'w.c.k.d'.

'I don't think that's a good idea. We don't know what it does. Maybe it'll make it worse.' Newt frowned.

'He can't get any worse. I say we try it.' Thomas walked to Alby's bed with the syringe in his hand. 'I hope it's a serum.'

Thomas bend down and was gonna give Alby the injection, but suddenly Alby gasped for air and grabbed Thomas.

'He was right! You did this!' He scoffed.

We all quickly rushed over to help Thomas, but Alby didn't let go. Teresa grabbed one of the serums and injected Alby with it. Alby finally seemed to calm down, and he let go of Thomas. His breaths got steady again and he seems asleep.

'From now on, someone watching him around the clock.' Newt said out of breath.

'Sundown, Greenie.' Gally entered the room. 'Time to go.'

Thomas followed him out of the room.

'Where are they going?' I asked.

'Thomas needs to spend one night in the pit with no food.' Newt explained 'But he's a runner now.'

'Really? Why didn't I know? When did y'all discuss this?' I asked confused.

'When you were with Teresa. It had to be done.'

'Okay. I'm gonna head off to bed I think, or maybe go for a walk first.' I said goodbye and went outside.

I didn't want to sleep yet, so I decided to just walk through the Glade in the dark.

Things are changing. Why did Teresa come up right after Thomas? Why another girl, and what's with the note? Questions spinned in my head as I was walking in the forest.

A fast cracking sound pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked around to see what I heard, but no one was there.

'Hello?' I asked quietly.

Suddenly I heard the same noise, it was like someone was running.

'Hello?' I asked a little louder. Minho, if this is some kind of prank-

Then I saw a dark figure moving around. Fast, but quietly I followed it.

'Hey! Stop!' I whisper-yelled, but the person didn't listen. After a few minutes I saw a hut, it was the map room. The person went in and closed the door.

I rushed over to it and opened the door again.

But instead of being in the map room, I was in a tunnel now. What the shuck?

I looked around me, but nothing was strange, just a tunnel.

'Hello? What is this?! I shouted.

The light on the wall flickered a few times what made me take a few step backwards. Suddenly I heard a weird noise coming from my foot. I looked down and saw that I had stepped in some green, thick liquid. Ew.

I shaked my leg, trying to get the liquid of my black shoe, but a clicking noise interrupted me. I hate that sound.

I was hoping so badly that it wasn't what I though it was. I looked up and sadly it was what I thought it was. A Griever.

It moved closer to me. After a few seconds I got shaked out of my trance and turned around to run.

'Help! Someone help me!' I shouted.