Chapter 22 - Sick

Raven's POV

When I woke up I saw Newt sitting next to my bed.

'Hey, you're awake again.' Newt smiled. 'How are you feeling?' He asked.

'Better then yesterday.' I responded.

I moved the blanket to the side to see my leg. It was covered with a cloth that had some red stains in it. I carefully unwrapped the cloth to see the wound.

'I don't know if you're supposed to take it off, Raven.' Newt said.

I ignored him and looked at the wound. It was already looking a lot better now. There was still some dried blood around it, but it wasn't bleeding anymore.

'I see it's getting better.' I looked up and saw Jeff entering the room. 'You need to rest a lot and be careful.'

'How much longer do I need to stay in the hospital room?' I asked, already having enough of lying the bed.

'You can walk around the Glade and maybe do some stuff.' Jeff pointed at something. 'There in the corner of the room are some wooden crutches the builders made. You can use those.'

'Alright then.' I sighed. Newt got up from a chair and grabbed the crutches and handed them to me.

'Thanks.' I smiled. I took one crutch in each hand and got up. I could feel my side burning and my leg also hurting, but I managed to stand and even walk with the crutches.

I saw Newt giving Jeff a look. 'Alright, I'll leave you two alone.' Jeff walked away very fast.

I raised my eyebrows at Newt.

'Can I talk to you for a second?' He asked serious.

'Yeah, of course.' I said wondering what he was about to say.

'Okay so...' Newt rubbed his chin. 'Do you-.' He stopped talking and walked around in the room.

'Newt?' I asked confused.

'Doyouregretit?' Newt said it so fast I almost couldn't understand it.

'Regret what?' I asked after a few seconds of silence.

'When we you know,' Newt started, kind of nervous. 'Kissed.' He almost mumbled.

I was surprised. 'No, not at all.' I told the truth. 'Wait, do you?' I asked.

'No.'

I let out a relieved sigh.

'I thought you were mad at me.' Newt sat down next to me.

'I thought you didn't care about it.' I let out a small chuckle.

Newt smiled.
He didn't regret it.

I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss giving Newt a confused look on his face. I quickly got up and grabbed the crutches. I left Newt behind who's confused look now turned into a smile. Once I arrived at the stairs I stood still for a second, wondering how I was supposed to get down.

After a few seconds I saw Newt walking to me with a smirk on his face.

'Newt, what are y-.' Before I couldn't finish my sentence Newt had lifted me up and was walking downstairs with me in his arms.

'Hey!!' I laughed.

'It looked like you needed a little help.' Newt said innocently when we arrived outside.

'Okay, okay.' I said as he put me down and handed me my crutches.

'Let's get dinner.' Newt said.

'It's dinner time already?' I asked surprised.

'Yeah, let's go.'

I followed Newt and Frypan gave us our food.

'How you doing, Raven?' Frypan smiled.

'I'm alright, thanks Fry.' I said as he handed my me plate. Me and Newt sat down at a table and not even a minute later Chuck joined us.

'Hey Raven!!' He said as happy as usual.

'Hey Chuck!' I smiled.

'Hey, guys.' Minho said as he sat down next to Newt.

'Minho, do we have a bonfire tonight?' Chuck asked.

'Yeah I guess since we didn't have one yesterday. In honor of the Greenie.' Minho pointed at someone behind me and I turned around. I saw a boy with dark hair sitting next to Zart. He had a kind of scared expression on his face.

'I think his name is Kay.' Minho said when
I turned around again.

~

The bonfire just started and I was sitting next to Newt with a jar of Gally's drink in my hand.

'Do you think we will ever escape?' I asked suddenly.

'I don't know.' Newt sighed. 'I hope so.'

I took a sip of my drink and felt the burning feeling in my throat. Newt and I just sat there in silence watching the fire. After a while I felt my eyelids slowly get heavy and I laid my head on Newt's shoulder. I felt him wrapping his arm around me and soon I fell asleep.

~

I opened my eyes and saw I was in a room. I looked around and saw I was in Newt's room. Next to my bed was Newt's bed and I could see he was still sleeping. I decided to get up and with a few struggles I managed to put my clothes on.

I grabbed the crutches out of a corner and walked out of the room. I tried to walk down the stairs and I succeeded, after ten minutes.

I saw that it was still dark, but the sun was slowly coming up. With my crutches I walked trough the Deadheads. When I arrived at the pond I sat down and relaxed for a while.

Not that long after I heard some voices, so I got up. As I was walking to the Homestead I felt sick, my head was pounding and I felt like I could throw up any minute.

I quickly got some food even though I wasn't hungry at all. I sat down at a table.

A few minutes later I heard some people join me, but I didn't feel like looking up.

'You okay there, Raven?' I heard Minho's voice and I nodded.

'She looks a little pale.' I heard Chuck whisper a little too loud. I ignored it and focused on my food, but couldn't get a single bite trough my throat without almost throwing up.

'Are you feeling well, love?' I heard the familiar British voice.

I shaked my head. 'No, I feel sick.'

'Well, you look sick.' Minho said, but a quick glance from Newt made him silent.

'Come on, I'll get you to your bed.' Newt said, ignoring Chuck and Minho.

'No, I'm sure I'll be alright.' I said. I didn't want to spend that much time in my bed again.

'Nope, you're gonna sleep.' Newt held out his hand and after a few seconds I took it. When I got up I felt my head pounding. I guess the Griever hit me a little too hard?

Newt walked do the Homestead with me and he even lifted me up to go up stairs, even though I said he shouldn't do that. Once we arrived in Newt's room I immediately got in the bed.

'Sleep well, love.' Newt smiled.

'Thanks.' I said as I closed my eyes. I heard Newt walk away.

~

A/n: This chapter is kinda boring, so I guess it's more of a filler. I hope you enjoyed!

TYSM for 200+ reads <3