This isnt your fault

When explained Alaric decided on the fate that he would die

When explained Alaric decided on the fate that he would die. Gwen turned "Alaric it's not your fault" she grabbed his shoulder

"It is. Damon will get here soon and he'll make sure it goes down the right way" Alaric gave Jeremy a long hug before Jeremy left.

Gwen looked at him "I shouldn't have given you that ring" Gwen frowned "I'm so sorry"

"Don't do that" Alaric sighed "Looking out for you has been the closest to having the daughter I've always wished for"

Gwen ran to him and hugged him tightly "Thank you" she held out her hand as Alaric grabbed it "Come on" she said as they walked further out into the woods.

They both paused to see candles lit with everyone there. She walked to Caroline. Caroline put her arm around her. Tyler joined.

Alaric walked into the graveyard room with tears in his eyes. Tyler hugged her tightly. Ronnie held Elena's hand. Ronnie did not look well at all. Her hair was all ruffled and bags were under her eyes.

Gwen went back to the school. She started packing his stuff away "You don't have to do this now" Stefan followed

"Yes I do," Gwen said putting all of Alaric's weapons into a bag "I'm not having some arrival break out about some crazy history teacher"

"Gwen"

"Nope," Gwen said pushing through the tears "Elena and Jeremy don't have anyone to take care of them anymore. We've all lost another friend. We can't think about it"

"I want you to come with me" Stefan grabbed her hand "Please".

He brought her to the hall "We were in this gym when Klaus compelled me to turn my humanity off. I thought I had hit rock bottom in the 20s but after I bit you I never wanted to feel again. But someone kept telling me it was okay to feel. No matter how much it hurts, that our emotions make us human. And to never lose hope"

"Who gave you that horrible advice"

"Some stupid girl I used to date" Stefan let out a soft laugh

"I'm losing everyone"

"You have me" Stefan pulled her into a hug as she cried.