Look what i lost in the process

Gwen knocked on Stefan's door once he got back from the Mikealsons "you know you terrified me today

Gwen knocked on Stefan's door once he got back from the Mikealsons "you know you terrified me today. You wouldn't have survived if you tried to go against Klaus" she entered his room

"Well you don't have to worry about that anymore. He's not worth it, all this time and energy that I've wasted hating him" Stefan laughed "it was for nothing. It's done it's over, we lost. I'm right back where I started"

"That's not true. Yeah Klaus put you through a lot but you came out the other side" she walked closer "you beat him by being better then him"

"And what did I loose in the process" Stefan stood up "look hating Klaus was easy, it made everything around me disappear everything slipping away. Now I have to deal with that"

"Stefan"

"No admit it" Stefan stated "I know you don't owe it to me but I need to hear you say it"

"No" Gwen denied "I never stopped loving you"

"I know that. I know you didn't" Stefan looked at her "even the amount of things I did to push you away. This is my fault, it's all my fault"

"What are you talking about ?"

"You're also in love with Damon"

"No" Gwen shook her head

Stefan grabbed her face "hey I love you. I will always love you, I just want you to look me in the eye and tell me you don't feel something for him"

Gwen looked up at him "I don't know what I feel but I sure as hell don't wanna talk about it now" she moved him away from her.

***

Gwen the next day helped Caroline decorate the 20s party. Gwen was telling her about what happened with Stefan.

"So who are you bringing to the dance ?" Caroline asked

"What ?" Gwen raised an eyebrow "I thought we were being girl dates. You me and Bonnie. The hot threesome"

"Jamie called and wants to take her" Caroline grinned "here's a thought. Why don't you ask Stefan ?"

"What ?" Gwen stuttered "I can't ask him on a date. We just had a weird talk"

"Well you've spent half your time with Damon and I've seen the bachelor" Caroline smiled "Stefan is your epic love".

Gwen got home and called Stefan "hey do you have a second ?"

"Yeah everything alright ?" Stefan replied

"Yeah" Gwen answered "listen I'm going to the dance and" she paused "I know where we're at right now and I'd be a fool to think things are gonna be normal right now but i was wondering if you'd like to go to the dance with me ?"

"I'd love that" he said

"Great".