He's an innocent man

Gwen had a stressful morning she started the morning with visiting Bonnie first

Gwen had a stressful morning she started the morning with visiting Bonnie first. She had been going every morning. Her mom had decided to go on being a vampire.

Gwen answered a call from Sherif Forbes. She ran into the police station "where's Ric ?"

"He's fine" Damon walked up to her "Sherif Jones wants me to stay out of it"

"But you're not going to" she titled her head "Damon your friends in jail for murder you have to do something!"

"I guess I could rip out someone's throat"

"Stop being an idiot" Gwen rolled her eyes "could show a little compassion. Bonnies upset"

"Yeah poor Bonnie" he mocked "I should send over lasagne"

"Now you're just being mean" she started walking away

"I'm evil and you hate me. Oh look the worlds balanced again"

"You know if you keep pushing people away you can't go on a rampage about being alone. You're doing this to yourself here" She walked away.

Charlie Jones was at his desk. Gwen leaned over "Jonsey" she twirled his pen "what the hell is going on ? Why do they think Alaric is this mysterious murderer ?"

"I can't give you information" Charlie kept his head down

"Come on let's fight crime together" she giggled "I'll be Sherlock and you be Watson"

"I'm a police officer" Charlie looked up at her finally "I'd be Sherlock" he sent over a piece of paper secretly

Gwen looked down at it 'ask Meredith' Gwen smirked walking away.

Gwen waiting outside the hospital. Meredith got out of her car. She saw Gwen waiting there smoking "so what's this all about you getting Alaric in trouble ?" She followed her "Alarics a good man"

"No he's an alcoholic vampire hunter" Meredith shook her head "he got arrested four times for fighting before he was 21. He had a restraining order against his wife before she married him. You've dated a vampire, you shouldn't be shocked that your friend is a murderer" she walked away.

Gwen obviously done the responsible thing. She broke into Meredith's house and dragged Matt with her. She started looking through her closet.

"Oh she's such a founding family member" Gwen laughed knocking on the wall. It was hallow. She pulled it down to reveal a bunch of files. She had everyone's files stacked

Matt pulled out a file "Alaric Saltzmen"

"She's got everything on him. Medical records" Gwen cringed "what a weirdo" she pulled out one of the old Gilbert journals.

They heard footsteps. Gwen dragged Matt into the closet shutting the door. They heard Meredith walk in. She walked out the room.

Gwen heard the door shut again. Gwen sighed opening the door. Meredith was right in front of her "shit" Gwen mumbled.

***

"What where you thinking ?" Liz walked in on Matt and Gwen at the police station "Gwen you broke the law"

"Well we found something that clears Alaric" Gwen explained "he has an alibi"

Liz held up the paper "you mean this ?"

"What is that ?"

"A correction of the time and date of the Aaron walters murder. Meredith Fell brought it to me today apologising for framing an innocent man" Liz was pissed

"Why would she have that in her closet ?" Matt asked

"I can't ask those questions Matt because you broke into her home to find it" Liz pointed "do you know how much I'm having to protect both of you. ?"

"I'm sorry"

"Just get out of my office and go home" Liz huffed "Alaric will be released as soon as the letters authorised".

Matt and Gwen walked out of the station. They saw Damon feeding a girl his blood and Stefan had back turned to them.

"What are you doing ?" Gwen asked. Stefan turned around. Blood dripping from his mouth. He looked almost like he blew it all "Stefan ?"

He wiped his mouth "Gwen"

"What are you two doing ?"

"Relax Gwen" Damon stood up "just a little experiment no need to make this more dramatic then it needs to be"

"Gwen let's just go" Matt grabbed her pulling her away.

Matt took Gwen home "I don't get your thing with them" Matt sat giving her a hot chocolate

"I get why you think that" she smiled "but after my mum died I was miserable. I hated everything, nothing had colour" she drunk a little "but then Stefan came along and changed that all. I felt safe"

"Safe ? Gwen he's a vampire"

"I know I sound mental but I knew he would never judge me" she paused "he would never die. He wouldn't leave me"

"Like your mom did ?" He nodded understanding the abandonment issues Gwen had "and Damon ?"

"Damon became my best friend" she laughed even saying it out loud "I never really knew what he was like and no matter what I do I can't shake him"

"After you fall in love with someone you can't shake them"

"Sorry this is weird talking about them with you" Gwen broke a smile "you and me don't talk about boys"

"It's all good" Matt smiled

Gwen looked at Matt "you're a good person Matt"

Alaric walked through the door "are you okay ?" Gwen asked walking up to him

"Yeah I'm alright" Alaric said hugging her tightly "thank you for trying to help" he laughed at her "made a mess for yourself didn't you"

"I always do".

***

Ronnie got home that evening. She looked at Damon who was arguing with Stefan. Ronnie felt like all of the air had just left the room.

Her head started pounding. She put her keys on the side as she stumbled across the room. Both boys turned attention at her "Ron you alright ?" Damon said going near her

"Don't touch me!" She screamed pushing him across the room with magic

"Hey!" Stefan grabbed her "Ron it's us. What's wrong with you ?"

Ronnie quickly snapped out of it "I'm so sorry" she finally took a breath "Damon I'm sorry" she said sitting down

"What's going on with you witchy ?" Damon asked "Elena says you've been ignoring her"

"I feel like I'm going crazy" Ronnie put her hands in her head "I don't know what I'm doing"

"Do you think you could be behind these murders Ron ?" Stefan asked "we won't tell anyone"

"No no" Ronnie said in a panicked tone "I know what I'm doing I would remember it. I swear. I just feel like every emotion is just over taking my mind"