Involvement

Gwen woke up and looked at herself in the mirror, she left Stefan a voice mail before getting dressed

Gwen was about to knock on Damon and Stefan's door when Damon opened it. Rebekah was next to him wearing the same dress from last night.

She gasped "oh. Hello"

"Hi Gwen" Rebekah smiled awkwardly "I'll uh see you later" she said walking away.

"That is so gross" Gwen walked in "I cannot believe you, you've spent the whole couple months hating the originals and now you slept with someone"

"Don't make it worse"

"You honestly give me wip lash" she said "listen Elijah can't die and neither can Rebekah it's not fair"

"What ? No" Damon stated "we're killing them tonight and you're apart of this plan"

"What ?"

"Yep. You're on Klaus duty"

***

Gwen started walking into the Mystic Grill. She paused when her name got called "Gwen" Klaus. Great.

"Oh hi" she crossed her arms

"Join us for a drink" Klaus gestured as Kol lifted his drink

She thought for a moment "I'd rather die of thirst but thank you for the offer" she started walking away.

She looked at Alaric before she left. "Gwen" Klaus followed her out of the grill

"Are you joking ?" She turned to him "take a hint"

"Don't be angry love. We had a little spat" He said getting closer "I'm over it already"

"Aw how kind of you. I'm not"

"How can I equip myself" he asked

She deeply sighed "you and your expensive jewellery and cool drawings need to stay out of my bedroom" she nodded

"Oh come on take a chance Gwen" Klaus sat on the bench "talk to me. Get to know me, I dare you"

She thought for a moment before sitting down "fine." She say, he just stared "so what do you wanna talk about ?"

"I wanna talk about you" he said straight up "your hopes your dreams. Everything you want in life"

Gwen scoffed "I'm too smart to be seduced by you"

"Well that's why I like you" he smirked "why do you think I'm asking you these questions".

"Well I want to be a teacher of some sorts" she saw him laugh "what ?"

"You'd want to be a teacher. That is not what I expected you to say"

"What should I say be a cage fighter ?" She laughed "no but I'd like to teach either History or English Literature. I enjoy a good story"

"What's your favourite part of history ?"

"Henry the 8th. His whole period, he was insane and very intertwining to learn about" she started opening up "it's crazy to think that he had six wives and he started a new church and wasn't frowned upon"

Klaus giggled "you know your stuff" she just nodded.

***

Joey had come back for a week to help everyone out. She was playing pool with Alaric. He went to the bathroom as Joey shot her next shot "a woman of your calibre should choose more suitable company" Kol said picking up a pool stick "what's your name love"

"None of your business" she said focusing on her move

"Let's try that again shall we" he followed her "I'm Kol"

"You should get lost" Joey said "Kol"

"And why would I do that ? I like pretty little things with sharp tongues" he said as she put her pool stick back

"I'm Joey" she turned

"I think she told you to get lost" Alaric came to the rescue

"I don't really care"

Alaric plunged a dagger into Kol's chest "next time you should take a hint" Alaric nodded "thanks Joe"

"No worries".

***

Gwen was still sitting with Klaus when he touched his chest and stood up "are you alright ?" She asked "what is it ?"

"What did you do" Klaus looked up at her

"Nothing. What are you talking about"

Klaus grabbed her arms "what did you do!"

"I didn't do anything! Stop" she pushed him off

"Kol" Klaus turned. Gwen sighed bowing her head.

***

Gwen got home annoyed at herself. Her phone rang "hello ?"

"Hey Gwen" Caroline replied "um could you come over it's urgent. Bonnie's upset. Damon turned her mom into a vampire"

"What! Why ?"

"To save Elena's life. Elijah kidnapped her and threatened to kill her if they didn't stop Esther. I think she needs someone"

"I'm on my way".

Gwen ran into Caroline's. She came into Caroline's room to see Bonnie laying there "hey" Gwen walked in "thought you needed company"

"Gwen ?" Bonnie's eyes glazed with tears

"Got room for one more ?" Gwen walked over as Bonnie shuffled over. Bonnie cuddled Gwen as she cried, Gwen comforted her the whole night.