Awkward

Gwen was walking out of the Salvatore house

Gwen was walking out of the Salvatore house. She saw Stefan "hey" Stefan put down the blood bag he was about to pour

"Hey. Damon told Alaric there was no one home so I would have"

"I just got home" Stefan interrupted

"Right" Gwen showed the book in her hand "just came to get the book you found on the Gilbert ancestor Samantha"

"That's fine"

It was very awkward "how are you doing ? Damon said you're"

"Yeah I'm fine. Did you get everything you need ?" He interrupted again

"Yeah" she nodded "if there's anything I can do to help let me know" she began walking out

"You don't have to read that you know" Stefan said "I can just tell you what happened. Samantha Gilbert was transferred to an insane asylum and she tried to give herself a surgery with a knitting needle and died on the floor of her cell. It's the same thing that's happening to Alaric then there's nothing you can do"

"Well I'm gonna let you get back to whatever you were going" she walked out.

***

Gwen had to go and find Alarics wedding ring in his apartment.

She opened to door and saw Stefan behind her "hi" he said standing awkwardly.

"Hi" she started walking in

"I realised I was weird with you this morning" he stated "I just can't be the man you wanna be"

She opened the door wider gesturing him inside with her "if you wanna come and rant come inside then" She started rummaging through draws. She couldn't open one

"So what are you gonna do if Bonnie can't help him ?" Stefan asked

"Find another way. I gave him the ring in the first place" she said opening a draw "it's my duty to get him out"

"What" he said confused "no it's not. Gwen you can't take care of everyone, some people can't be saved"

"Are we talking about Alaric or you ?" She said making him go silent. She found the ring on top of all of the list of victims "oh my god".

***

Gwen opened Elena's door "Elena!" She called

Alaric was walking down the stairs "Gwen hey" he said wiping his hand with a cloth "haven't seen you in a while"

"Yeah. Hey what happened to your hand Ric" she pointed

"Oh" he looked down at his hand "I dropped a coffee mug and sliced my hand open. Don't worry I cleaned it up, no longer a safety hazard"

"Right" she looked down at her feet to see blood, a knife was on the floor. She looked back up at Ric. His expression of kindness turned into rage.

She kneed him in the face before he could grab her. Stefan ran in "I thought I was gonna knock him out ?"