The mikealson ball

Gwen took a deep breath before walking into the Mikealson ball

Gwen took a deep breath before walking into the Mikealson ball. A woman walked up to her taking her coat.

Stefan came up next to her "Gwen"

"surprise surprise" Damon followed "oi red head what happened to you're not supposed to be here"

"Well I'm here" she shrugged "shall we"

Stefan put out his arm as she linked it. Damon did the same as she walked with the two.

Ronnie walked in with Elena. She already felt Damon's eyes on her. Damon walked up to the couple "she's not talking to Esther"

"Glad we can agree on something" Ronnie nodded

Elena did not agree "you guys can't disagree with me and Gwen every time"

Gwen wondered off. Klaus instantly saw her. Her beauty basically took up the whole room. His gaze softened looking at the red headed girl.

Gwen turned to see Klaus looking at her, she started walking down as he tried to join her "good evening" he mumbled

"I need a drink" Gwen walked away grabbing one.

The whole Mikealson family began a toast "it's tradition for us to start the night with a dance. If all of you could find a dance partner and meet us in the ballroom"

Gwen started walking towards Damon before Klaus came in front of her "shall we"

"Fine" she linked his arm going towards the ballroom. The dance began and Klaus kept on smiling at her.

"I'm glad you came" Klaus said finally

"Well I would have sat at home otherwise"

"Very well" Klaus uttered "let's move onto mannered subjects like how ravishing you look in that dress"

She broke a smile "yeah I didn't have time to look for a dress"

"What about the bracelet I bought you" Klaus looked at her wrist "what's the excuse for wearing that ?"

"Got me" She chuckled

"You're quite the dancer" he mentioned

She nodded proudly "I was forced to go to Miss Mystic Falls"

"I know" he said in a soft tone

"You seem to know everything" what she said had a bitter tone in her voice "how comes you know that about me huh ?"

"I did my research on you" Klaus looked at her dress again "thought you were someone worth my time. You haven't proved me wrong" he saw he made her smile. He just smiled back as the two stared into one another's eyes.

Klaus span her one last time as she fell into Stefan "he dances and I didn't have to beg"

"Well mayor Lockwood dragged me out here" Stefan titled his head "thought I'd save you a dance. Took Klaus about 2 seconds to get you out of here"