You're better then both of us

Gwen opened her door to see Bonnie standing there "Bonnie hey"

"Hey" Bonnie smiled "I'm sorry I haven't really spoken to you. I know it's been hard"

Gwen shrugged "well you're here now. You okay ?"

"Um" Bonnie paused "not necessarily. I need to find my mom, she might be able to help us destroy Klaus" Bonnie walked in "you're the only person I want to come with me"

"Well I'm pleasured" Gwen said as Bonnie put different documents on the table. Damon walked in putting a picture on the table

"Road trip. I call shot gun" Damon smiled

"Nope. You're not" Gwen said looking at the files

"Why want me to sit in the back with you ?" Damon flirted "why I'm the one who found her ?"

"Bonnie hasn't seen her mum in over 15 years, we can't have your little sarcastic comments ruining it" She stared at him

Damon made eye contact "that's says something coming from you. You're built on sarcasm" the two stared for a moment longer

"What's wrong with you two ?" Bonnie asked

"We kissed" Damon said suddenly "now it's awkward"

Gwen bowed her head "I ran away from him after" she smiled

"Have a nice trip Gwen" he moved past her leaving Bonnie and Gwen staring at one another.

***

"Listen" Gwen went on in the car "he kissed me and I pushed him away. There's nothing more and nothing less"

"I'm not judging you" Bonnie laughed "Gwen chill. I think you are the only person who can get away with something like this. Including everything that's happened"

"No but I'm judging myself" Gwen sighed "Bon I didn't even kiss him back and all I can think about is Stefan. Stefan obviously doesn't care anymore"

"Exactly why you shouldn't feel bad" she turned to her "you still love him don't you"

"Of corse I do" Gwen frowned "let's stop talking about me. Are you okay ?"

"Yeah" Bonnie nodded "its weird that I'm gonna see her after all this time" Bonnie looked down at her phone "it's Stefan. I told him I'd call him as soon as I got the address"

"Ignore. Bonnie you're about to see your mum you can't let him ruin it"

"Yeah but he's gonna keep at it until I pick up" Bonnie held out her phone

"Fine" Gwen answered the call "what"

"Hello to you too Gwen. Where are you ?" Stefan asked

"Bonnie and I are going to spend the night at the lake house while we wait for more addresses" she lord