ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʜʀɪɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴠᴏx ᴀᴋᴜᴍᴀ

I was in the water, I was froze to my place staring at the old, and worn down, shrine. I felt my legs twitch and my mouth felt dry. I knew this was the shrine, not the other one.

It wasn't the shrine overlooking Mt. Fuji, it was Mt. Fuji overlooking the shrine.

A shrill came from the shrine. I jumped in my skin, and clenched my teeth. My legs moved on their own walking toward the shrine. 

Why am I doing this? I thought to himself. I clenched onto the bag of his Quildren, and walked out of the waters. I sat the small bag down, as well with my other bag. I shuffled through the bag, three of my Quildren popped out and scurried over to me. 

With my twitching hands, I pulled out a flashlight, and my notes and pen. I took a deep breath and looked toward the shrine again. This was...nerve wracking. 

I never thought that this shrine, or this person (Vox Akuma) existed, but now I was faced with it.

But now, I have to face what will happen next. I walked toward the entrance, and a cold gust of wind came from inside. I felt my nerves running a mile a minute, as I placed one foot into the shrine. I walked inside, it was freezing and it looked like it hasn't been touched in ages.

My quildren, scurried close to me, giving me their light. The shrine was rather empty, but there was an engravings in the wall. I stalked over to them, and stared at them.

The engravings seemed like, they've been burnt and been tried to be marked out. 

The engravings said:

人生を通して、そして死を通して。

彼はいつもより賢く、主であり、私たちの主人です。

''Through life, and through death. He is always the wiser, he is the lord, he is our master.'' I whispered the words, and looked farther down. In small letters was something of an incantation. 

The words read off:

父の血で、

致命的な処女の血で、

私の敵の血で、

私のマスターが眠る地獄への門を開けてください.

''With the blood of my father, with the blood of a fatal virgin, with the blood of my enemy, open the gates to hell, to where my Master sleeps, what the hell?'' I read off cursing at the end. Then a creaking noise interrupted the small silence. 

I looked over my shoulder, on the far right of the shrine a wooden door opened itself to me. A bad feeling wavered over me, but I was still compelled to walk towards the door.

''Snälla, min herre, skydda i dessa tider av rädsla och dessa tider av träldom,'' I whispered a prayer and kept walking towards the door. The door led to a very steep downwards steps. 

I closed my eyes for a moment, then turned on the flashlight. I pointed it down the staircase, it seemed like it went on forever. A Quildren hugged my face and the other two, were sitting on my shoulder shivering in fear.

I stepped down the steps carefully, I felt my hands trembling and my lip quivering. The slammed shut behind me. I jumped and almost lost my balance. I grabbed onto the wall and lost my flashlight. It bounced down and the ending was nowhere near. One of my Quildren glow, brightly.

''Thanks,'' I whispered to them. ''Mo!'' They answered.

I walked carefully down the steps, I felt the dark presence behind me, but I ignored it.

I had to stay focus, so I don't really wanna die on a staircase. The image of Mysta falling off the staircase flashed in my mind, I shook my head.

But how even did the door slam, that thing must've been heavy made out of a couple hundred-year-old wood door.

So how did it?

The end of the steps wasn't stopping, and it was causing me to worry a little bit. I misplaced my foot, causing me to slip, and you guessed it...

fall.

I stumbled all the way down and hit my head on one of the steps. I fell unconscious...

⨊---⨊

 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖒 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖕𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖋𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖑. 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖓 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖜𝖆𝖐𝖊 𝖍𝖎𝖒. 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖒 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌.

𝕭𝖚𝖙 𝖆 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖎𝖘, 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖙 𝖆 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖐 𝖕𝖎𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖈𝖍...

⨊---⨊

Shu walked toward the water's edge and ran his hand through the cold mountain water. Shu felt the energy of a water spirit close, but something was frightening it. Then, Shu's body tensed completely, and he heard a shrill, again. 

Shu felt the presence of an Oni, that wasn't a good side at all. The only reason, an Oni presence would be here, it would be because...no...no it can't be.

Shu felt a warm presence scurrying over to him. Shu stood up and about six fluffballs attacked him. Shu stumbled a little and took a couple off of his face and was perplexed. 

''What's the matter?'' Shu asked them all, they all attached to Shu's hand.

''Moe me Lo ao, Iko,'' one said in a really not foreign language, really, I think it was their own language.

''I can't really understand you,'' Shu said to them. They started to pull him and tried to lead him to the place of the disappearance of Ike.

Shu walked across on the small wooden crumbling bridge to Vox Akuma's Shrine.

Shu felt the Oni aura inside the shrine. Shu walked toward the shrines entrance and stood before it.

The last time, Shu was here, it was empty, and looked even worse than, it did now. Shu tried to walk inside, but got repealed back, causing him to stumble and land on his butt. 

Shu didn't remember that this shrine was protected by magic, of any sort. Shu looked up and saw an old ofuda.

 男は入らない。

(Tran: Men don't come in.)

It spoke.

Then how did Ike enter?

That means something led him here, and he was going to die in there.

Shu whipped out his phone and dialed Mysta's number and started pacing.

''Hello?'' Mysta finally picked up the phone.

''Mysta, come to the forest, there's a big problem,'' Shu said in a dark tone. Mysta on the other side of the phone glanced over at Luca with a worried face. Luca and Mysta walked on the train, and both had a lot of tension.

''What's the problem?'' Mysta asked worried, wiping his bottom lip with his thumb.

''It's Ike, I think something here, wants him dead,'' Shu whispered into the phone, with a deathly calm tone. Mysta's face became paler and his hand twitched.

Luca was worried by Mysta's expression. Mysta's face became serious, and colder than the regular warm, happy, smiley, Mysta.

''Whatever the thing is, will have to fucking kill me, before he tries to kill Ike,'' Mysta said his voice, dropping to murderous levels. 

Luca laughed a little awkwardly and tried not to seem scared. 

''You be there on standby, me and Luca will handle the rest,'' Mysta ordered Shu from the phone.

''Okay, got it,'' Shu whispered a little.

''See you then,'' Mysta grumbled hanging up the phone. Mysta, Shu, Luca, and Ike were not prepared what was going to happen next, in the investigation.