𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐫𝐭

June confusedly stared at the message sent to her by Taehyun

June confusedly stared at the message sent to her by Taehyun. The girl had actually forgotten giving her number to boy as they hadn't contacted each other for months.

June was still home isolated not ready to leave her comfort zone, she had seen the teasers drop by bighit for TXT'S debut which consisted of Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Kai and the male who texted her Taehyun.

The debut was set to happen in March and it was currently Feburary.

June read the messages again trying to make sense on why had the boy started the conversation in such a weird way. She typed and deleted her reply a few times before finally deciding on something and replying back.

 She typed and deleted her reply a few times before finally deciding on something and replying back

She didn't have to wait long as the message was immediately seen and a reply was sent back. The reply making June confused and a little irritated at the aloof behaviour.

She sent back the reply with an emoticon of a smile but in reality June started at the message in slight anger due to the aloof and uncaring tone

She threw her phone on the bed before lying back on her position of laying in bed and watching dramas. Something that she had been doing for the past four months now.

June watched as Lee Jong suk confessed to Lee Na young in the drama, hitting her with the usual wave of loneliness.

June's parents had went back to Jeju not wanting to leave her grandparents alone and her brother's had also gone back to their apartments to resume back with their lives leaving her alone in her apartment.

Dalmi unnie and her friends did stop by a few times but the lingering loneliness in the house never actually left. It was times like these when June wished that she had a boyfriend too. She had heard all her school friends talk about their relationships and the happiness they brought them.

Even though June always denied her friends saying she was happy all alone and didn't need a relationship for happiness she did feel lonely in the walls of her apartment with only actors like Lee Dong wook and Ji Chang wook to raise her standards in men.

June started at the screen, the couple being all romantic as she huffed a breath and spoke in thin air, "God, when me?"

Her phone rung then and June picked it up without looking at the ID. The voice of male coming through.

"Hello?"

"Did I offend you?"

June pulled back to check the caller. The name Kang Taehyun-shi displayed on her screen.

"Oh no not at all." June answered back in a cheerful tone even though she had actually been offended.

"That means I did offend you."

"I just said you didn't."

"If I hadn't you would have asked me what I was talking about but because I did you immediately answered that it didn't confirming that I did in fact offend you."

June got silenced at his sudden analysis of her speech. Her eyebrows furrowed wondering why was he affected so much.

"Sarang?"

June stuttered after hearing that. Did he just call her love?

"Excuse me?"

"Isn't that your name? Mae Sarang?"

Obviously it was her name but nobody ever spoke it the way he did. People usually preferred calling her Mae, rang or June because of the literal meaning of her name. People only called her Mae Sarang never just Sarang. The way the boy had called her seemed intimate for some reason. Not even June's family ever called her Sarang, usually just Rang or Junny.

"I mean yeah. Yeah it's my name."

There was chuckling at the other end making her feel embarrassed as the male spoke, "I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm not good at texting I'll try to be more cautious in the future."

June nodded appreciatively before replying, "it's okay. I don't mind."

"So what were you doing? There seems to be a lot of background noise. Did I catch you preparing for a comeback?"

There was teasing in Taehyun's tone but none in June's mind after comeback was mentioned.

"I was watching dramas at home. No comeback anytime soon."

There was a momentary pause before Taehyun spoke up again this time his tone a little measured.

"Pity, I was hoping to hear the RnB princesses new song. Looks like I'll have to wait."

"You'll have to wait for a long time then. I don't have any plans to make a comeback in music anytime soon." June spoke trying hard not to make her tone sorrowful.

"Why not in Acting then?"

"Huh?"

"Didn't you audition with acting? Maybe do your comeback first in acting and ease out a little before going back to music."

June considered his words. Of course, she had been wanting to do a comeback for a long time, but she had been afraid of the public's reaction to her. Maybe Taehyun's idea was good, maybe she should try acting before music.

"You know what that actually seems like a good idea."

"I know, they don't call me the genius of the team for nothing."

"Yeah sure, whatever floats your boat." June answered dismissively as if pleasing a child who thought he was Superman.

He laughed then and June found herself smiling to it. They couldn't continue the conversation more as a voice called out for Taehyun making him cut the conversation short.

"I'll go now, be sure to tell me about the come back so I know when to send those lilies, Sarang."

And then he was gone. He disconnected the call leaving June flustered because of his last words. The girl flopped back on her bed silently gazing at the cieling before rolling her eyes amusedly.

"Tch, such a flirt."

An amused smile made way to her face before she jumped back up and reached for her phone again. Texting Dalmi unnie June shocked her manager by her message.

 Texting Dalmi unnie June shocked her manager by her message