𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝

June walked discreetly inside the restaurant hidden deep inside buildings far away from public's eyes.

It had been more than 2 months now of June's Hiatus. The hate had calmed down a little but there were still comments hear and there of June being an attention seeker and a bitch.

Usually the antis were silent but somedays June did spot the June is over party trending on Twitter.

The girl was currently walking to meet up with some of her friends after a long time. The previous months June had spent her time inside the house with her family, getting homeschooled by her brother while her mother travelled from Jeju to be with her.

Hoshi had stopped by a few times trying to cheer up the girl but she wasn't in the mental state to be happy.

After long months of wallowing in self pity, Haknyeon had, had enough of his friend staying cooped up inside the house and called her to the restaurant for a meal.

June tightened her jacket around as she pushed open the door. The restaurant was relatively empty with only a few people, considering they were idols and needed privacy.

June spotted Haknyeon seated at the far back, beside him Sunwoo, Seungmin and Jongho. June also spotted Wooyoung and two other figure she didn't know.

Haknyeon spotted her as soon as she stepped in raising his hand to wave at her, "Rang!"

June pulled away her mask displaying her face, flushed with the cold as she waved back and slowly walked towards him. Haknyeon noticed that despite the cold June was still in slippers, just as she had been ever since the incident scared to put on closed shoes.

Upon reaching the table June greeted her friends before turning to the unknown duo. Wooyoung immediately took to introducing them, "Rang-ah, these are my friend Yeonjun and his member Taehyun. I hope you don't mind then joining us."

June smiled with a dismissive wave as Haknyeon made space for her to sit beside him. "Not at all the more the merrier. I'm June by the way."

The trio bowed to eachother. Before Seungmin spoke, "How have you been Rang? it's been such a long time since I saw at the school hallways."

June put on a smile, not wanting any of her friends to feel concerned regarding her deteriorating mental health. "Oh I'm good. I think this break might be a good thing, I get to spend a lot of time with my family."

Sunwoo noticed the girl fiddling with her hands. He wasn't the only one who noticed this, a certain keen eyed boy had also seen the girl's action but decided not to comment on it. Sunwoo changed the topic letting June ease.

"I heard Yeonjun hyung's team will debuting soon?" And soon the course of the talk was changed.

The time passed as the group ate and talked together, June only commenting once or twice. Soon the group all decided to leave. Jongho and Wooyoung leaving together followed by Seungmin. Haknyeon stayed behind asking if he should drop June but the girl told him it was okay as her brother would pick her up. Soon all the boys had left as June still sat at their booth drinking sweet tea.

But the lonely silence was interrupted by the chair infront of her pulling and a huffing Taehyun sitting infront of her.

June started at him in confusion considering she had seen him leave the restaurant with Yeonjun moments ago.

"I forgot my phone." He held up a phone still on the table as June nodded finally understanding.

She thought the boy would leave after taking his phone but he stayed seated on the chair. "The weather is really cold today."

June grew confused, was he here to talk to her about the weather?

"I guess..." She answered back not wanting to be rude. Taehyun turned his eyes away from the windows where he had been staring outside towards the girl.

June's hair was in a messy stae with her cheeks flushed and jacket zipped up to her chin, staring at him with confused eyes.

"I never got to ask, what is your real name? I heard everyone calling you Rang."

June decided to shake of the confused state she was in and talk back to the boy, "It's Mae Sarang, June is my stage name."

"Sarang, huh." He looked to deep in thought before pulling out his phone and giving it to June.

The girl took hesitantly confused on what to do with it.

"Your number." Taehyun stared casually after seeing her confused state, "I'd like if you were to produce a song for my group."

June made a sound of Ah, even if her idol image was ruined people were still seeking her as a producer. She thought the boy wanted the same thing.

She casually typed in her number, handing him the phone back with a smile. She spotted Jaesook outside the restaurant waiting for her.

"I'll take my leave now, my brother's here." She waved a goodbye to the boy before paying and leaving.

Taehyun laid back in his seat watching the girl walk away before getting in the car of her brother and leaving. He smiled a little as he looked at the number saved in his phone by the name of June before changing it to something else.

His phone rung then, Yeonjun's name displayed on it.

"Hello?" Taehyun picked up, Yeonjun answering on the other end.

"Are you done flirting? because I literally saw you putting your phone on the table before leaving."

Taehyun scoffed as if the idea repulsed him, "You are such a weirdo. Why would I do it on purpose. I'm on my way, the restaurant staff had my phone."

He disconnected the call then, trying to ignore the smile on his face knowing very well that he had actually left his phone there on purpose. And he was definitely not looking for a producer when saving June's number in his phone by the name Sarang.