Chapter 45

It takes Brie less than ten seconds of Elba being free to snatch her, sandwiching herself between her husband and the youngest Russo.

Whatever happens tonight, I hope they keep it to themselves. I can definitely spend my life without knowing.

“Steve, doesn't she look really good in my clothes...” Nope, can't listen to this.

Kage laughs his head off as I slam my hand into his chest and push him all the way to the other side of the dancefloor.

“Damn it, Shorty, if you wanted to take charge, all you had to do was say...” Very funny.

“I just prefer it over here, it's quieter.” And far less likely to cause me permanent trauma. Are they... Nope, don’t look.

He grins, soothing his hands down my back, stroking my hips, before grabbing my ass and thrusting me towards him. Oh... I see you.

“I prefer it where it’s quieter too.” His words trickle off his lips against my ear, my head already spinning as he squeezes my ass firmly and kisses the edge of my jaw.

Oh fuck, not this again... Or yes this again... I mean no this again... Arghhh! I don’t know what I mean!

“Kage...” I try to pull my head away from him, but it's so fucking weak that all he does is press his lips against me harder.

“How do you taste so fucking good?” Thank fuck this club is so dark, the lights dying down as the music turns deep and slow, hauntingly sensual as our hips start to move in sync.

Too easy... We fall into each other far too easily.

“We... shouldn't...” Oh fuck I can’t think properly when he kisses my neck. Stop... No, don’t stop... Yeah, right there... What was I supposed to be doing again?

“We shouldn't what?” We shouldn't... We shouldn’t...

We shouldn’t be doing this! Concentrate, May! Stop being distracted by his... Oh these lips...

What happened at the apartment was amazing, it felt so fucking good to finally feel him want me like that, but we can't just let it spiral from there before we've had a chance to talk. That could fuck everything up.

I need him to know what’s going on inside my head. Maybe he’ll be able to understand it, because I don’t.

“Shorty... Do you have any idea what you do to me?” Exactly what you do to me, and it’s terrifying.

I’m scared... I’m so fucking scared... but every time he touches me, he makes it go away.

“Kage... Stop.” He does, instantly, because he's fucking perfect like that.

Can’t you please just try being a dick? It would be a lot easier to resist you if I could just find one flaw!

“May,” his hand remains at the bottom of my back, keeping us connected, neither of us able to stay still with the music, but his fist lifting my chin to look into my eyes. “Tell me what you're thinking.”

“We don't even know what this is.” We keep getting caught up in it, it’s bigger than both of us, but right now I’m here with my family, my friends, I can’t just be making out with the father of my kid and not expect them to have some fucking questions. Questions that I don’t even know the answers to!

“You know exactly what this is.” He places my hand on his abs, immediately making all thoughts leave me, before running it up so it’s sitting on his heart. “But I know you need time to get there, so just tell me what you need right now. Whatever it is, that's what we'll do.”